This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
0800 number

I am thinking of getting one but i just have a question to those who may be using non geo numbers. i want the phone diverted to my house phone which has display caller number.

What i need to know is if someone calls me on the 0800 number how does that reflect on my house phone. Would the 0800 number be displaced (which is what i need so i can answer in my business name) or its the customer's telephone number that displays
Connector
Hi,

I use an 0845 number diverted to either my mobile or office line and as long as the caller doesn't withold their number I can see who is calling.

HTH

Steve
Entrepreneur
The 0800 number I use displays the callers CLI, so you cannot tell which number they are calling.

I divert to a business dedicated phone to get round this.

The perfect solution for a quick sale or guaranteed sale
Connector
So is there a difference you notice then when the call is directly on your land number or its thru 0800.

I suppose for now i may just have to put my family and friends numbers on my phone and just answer anyone else in my business greeting.
Connector
Only get a 0800 number if your totally sure your business would benifit from it.

The options are very limited with these in terms of redirecting at a later date etc....

Sam
Connector
Thank you all for your reply but i have just been digging old post and it seems voip maybe the way to go so i am now loooking at that option.

Do any of you guys use voip. i have been reading good stuff about it on ukbusiness forum so it may be worth the gamble plus its easy to setup
Guru
If you're with BT you can have a second number with a different ringtone (Callsign) asigned to a single line for only £1.75 per month, you can then have your 0800 number directed to your callsign number and you'll know when it's a business call.
Telephone. 0141 255 0199
Connector
VOIP is the way to go.

I spent £10 on some VOIP equipment (a voice router, locked to BT) and unlocked it. Now using it on Sipgate who provide a free 0845/0870 number.

You could easily redirect an 0800 to it also.

Okay, I did it as cheap as possible but there's plenty of VOIP equipment out there now.

Tyler
So I could use a headset on my laptop/pc with a voip service then point an 0845 number to it? Could anyone advise as to who to go with for this sort of thing then?

Cheers,
Tyler
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by KiltoxServices
VOIP is the way to go.

I spent £10 on some VOIP equipment (a voice router, locked to BT) and unlocked it. Now using it on Sipgate who provide a free 0845/0870 number.

You could easily redirect an 0800 to it also.

Okay, I did it as cheap as possible but there's plenty of VOIP equipment out there now.
I thought you could only redirect 0800's to 01 , 02 or 07 numbers??

Sam
Connector
In that case, Sipgate will supply an 01/02 number if you like, in your local area code

Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler
So I could use a headset on my laptop/pc with a voip service then point an 0845 number to it? Could anyone advise as to who to go with for this sort of thing then?

Cheers,
Tyler
SIPGate, www.sipgate.co.uk

Free 0845 number (or 0870, 01, 02) and 1.2ppm calls to UK landlines.

Quality is good too, although I've only really tested it to other sipgate users at the moment.

Anyone on Sipgate can call whatever number you choose for free