This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Apprentice UK

Hiya

Does anyone know when the new series of the Apprentice starts? I love Dragons Den but it's starting to annoy me a bit - i'm only tuning in for a good 1 hour gaze at Peter Jones!

I love the Apprentice and find that some of their tasks are quite useful in the day-to-day running of a business. It started in Feb last year, so where is it???? The US Apprentice hasn't even been on for ages,...what's going on????
Connector
I'm sorry but the last series of the apprentice in the UK was an absolute joke and an insult to the people who watched it.

What was the point of having 10 weeks of tests, just to get to the end and pick a girl who was very poor throughout the 10 weeks of tests. Michelle, was consistently rubbish throughout the whole show.

It proved that Alan didn't watch any of the footage.

I'm not saying that Paul should have won but he was consistently good throughout the show. Which is what I thought the 10 weeks were about!

Then instead of having one winner get a job with Alan, but both girls getting jobs with him. Well this time round maybe they should call it "The Apprentice's"

Two last points, I did think the first series was good and just for you Helleroo, the next series begins on the 11th April.

You can get paid for your friends playing games on your site:

http://www.uvme.biz/74994GA
Click on the link and watch the video.
Connector
Incidentally note my refusal to call Alan Sugar, Sir Alan. I'm sorry but whilst I think he is a great business man, I have no other good words to say about him....

... and to make things worse he is a labour party donor!!

...I wonder if that's how he became 'Sir' !!

Connector
I wasn't declaring my love for Alan Sugar! I was asking if anyone knew whent he Apprentice was due to start again.

While I agree that the end result wasn't exactly good, I watch it because every week they come up with brilliant tasks. The tasks need various skills to acomplish them and this is what I enjoy about the Apprentice.
Connector
the program is a complete game show rather than of any practical use. The only good thing is that it shows that you can actually buy and sell stuff in a day without too many problems (as long as you break a few rules). I have often thought that it might be a good idea when negotiating a contract, to turn up with a camera crew of mates and pretend you are on some reality tv program. they might sign up just to look good on film!
Connector
I like the Apprentice...much better than Dragons Den. I don't think you can learn how to be business savvy from a TV show so I watch them for pure entertainment and to see the contestants being humiliated!!
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by hellerooo
I wasn't declaring my love for Alan Sugar! I was asking if anyone knew whent he Apprentice was due to start again.
I wasn't saying you love Alan Sugar!! Where did you get that from??

You bring up the apprentice and I gave you my summary...

LOL...

Entrepreneur
I don't like the new series of the Apprentice (Donald Trump).

*Spoiler*

It is based in LA and if you win the task you stay in the mansion if you lose you are in tents. I don't like any of the people on it either and you know who is going out each week before the your fired. They always focus on the person who lose by there 1 on 1 interviews. Also theres not so clever editing about the tasks as well its just so annoying but you want to watch to see who gets hired.
Connector
Never really understood the apprentice as I would have thought people who are so good would try and do it alone rather than look for a salary job. Wonder how much Sayeed got paid for appearing in the circus show on sky (his true calling).

That said it is quite good entertainment as you have a load of individuals all trying to shine whilst having to be team players which is an interesting situation.

I agree with moneyman that the tasks are a bit artificial as they are going around with a TV crew which obviously changes the 'reality' of the situation. I keep thinking when i have complaints about companies I should pretend I am from BBC watchdog investigating my own claims to see if customer services treat me better.
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by gwhaskew
I wasn't saying you love Alan Sugar!! Where did you get that from??

You bring up the apprentice and I gave you my summary...

LOL...
I only asked when the new series was starting and you launched into a torrent of abuse at poor little Alan Sugar, god bless him! ;-)

Thanks for the start date anyway, so excited!
Connector
Well, you know how open these threads can be.

Anyway, maybe I will watch the first couple of episodes, but I was majorly disapointed as a viewer last time.

I remember a friend of mine said right at the start if the last series, I would pick Michelle based on looks alone... well maybe that is what happened.

Maven
Quote:
Originally posted by one2escape
I don't like the new series of the Apprentice (Donald Trump).

*Spoiler*

It is based in LA and if you win the task you stay in the mansion if you lose you are in tents. I don't like any of the people on it either and you know who is going out each week before the your fired. They always focus on the person who lose by there 1 on 1 interviews. Also theres not so clever editing about the tasks as well its just so annoying but you want to watch to see who gets hired.
That's not the new series, that's the US series, which I think is up to series 5 or so... ;-)

Retail World
Supporting Retailers Across the UK
Retail World | Retail Forum
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by gwhaskew

I remember a friend of mine said right at the start if the last series, I would pick Michelle based on looks alone... well maybe that is what happened.
I think that could be true. I know she had the underprivilged background and Alan Sugar admired her hardworking nature (blah blah blah) but Ruth Badger was better than her. I actually thought Paul was going to win it.

Is the US Apprentice on?

I'm not a couch potato or anything, I just like my reality tv progs! ....................... ok, i'm a couch potato!
Maven
I despised Ruth Badger! Grrr!