This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
DVD / Video Rental

Can anyone provide me with details of where I could source movies for rental. New concept in rental idea, but don't know where to get new release movies from.

Will let everyone know nearer the launch exactly how the business works, and may consider sharing the concept on a free franchise system.

Thanks!

Mquig
Entrepreneur
Just wondering if you heard anything from this? I have been considering a video rental business as well as the gift shop idea (they have rouhly the same t/over but the video shop is a LOT cheaper to buy) but I need to know how much it costs to buy rental videos.

Suzie
Guru
www.viewplus.co.uk

In my constant search for business ideas (i am getting on with one) i came accross this franchise.
Reply - Video Rental

Hi

Having been area-manager of a small independent successful video/game/DVD rental chain, I think I can probably help you.

Having the advantage of getting releases early does cost money, the majority of rental videos cost around £30-£50, in general the videos are of higher quality (they last longer), and you get the releases 6mths before retail.

DVD is different, with many distributors considering taking the rental video angle (releasing on retail 6mths after rental), and therefore rental DVD is also looking like £30-£50.

As you can see to take on competitors such as Choices & Blockbuster, you need copy depth, and too purchase say 5 of each title is going to cost you a good £250, with an average of 6 good releases per week, you are going to be spending a lot of money.

A useful alternative is leasing, and there are many leasing companies, who put videos/dvds out too you and you pay them a fee for leasing them. They all work differently on terms, and what they provide you with.

What there is a market for, which Choices don't do is Back-Catalogue (Old titles) rental.

If you would like a list of suppliers, or would like further guidance please contact me.

I would love to hear about your idea in more detail, and more information on your franchise idea. Please send me details.