This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
ad prices

what would you say a resonable price would be for placing an advert on a website??i've got a few figures written down but i dont want to seem to cheap or too expensive.

any help?
Rachael
Starting Out
ads

This really does depend on how many hits you are getting to your site per month, this is what people will want to hear. It also helps on this level if you have high placing in search engines etc.

Mark
Starting Out
Ad costs

Be careful, there is a lot of hype and silly promises surrounding the internet. The on-line advertising we have paid for this year has been a total waste.
The only way to judge whether it would be good value is to ask the publisher for a free trial, if they are not willing to do this they have very little confidence in what they are selling!
David H
www.thewholesaler.co.uk
Connector
I would second the caution on web advertising

I have been invovled in 3 webprojects, and the only way I now pay for adverts is:

1. Per click though (impressions are truely worthless)
2. Personal reccommendation from a (very) trusted source
3. A free trial

A free trial will establish how much traffic you get. You can then decide to carry on if it has been good for you.

But the thing to remember is that a large portion of click throughs are just web crawlers. A "link checker" utitility for example might give you a hit every day that isnt anyone real.

What counts is conversions.

My partners card site (some of you may remember my asking for techy help earlier this year, http://www.handmadecardshop.co.uk) needs about 500-1000 hits for each sale. And apparantly thats not a bad conversion rate.