This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Are entrepreneurs truly happy

Many people make a lot of money but there never really truly happy. (at least some people)

Whats people's views on this, is this the downside to being rich? Is it the money that keeps entrepreneurs happy, a kind of artificial happiness.
Connector
I think the key to happiness is being able to do what you want. The hard part is figuring out what you actually really want. I'm still not sure I know what I truely want.
Connector
I recently heard a very wealthy someone say - in a radio interview and i can't rememebr who it was - when they were asked if "money makes you happy?"

"Money gives you freedom" you are then free to be happy or not!

Aiming to make 2008 my best year.
Connector
I would put it in a slightly different way - what having a 'comfortable' about of money gives you is choice.

Ie choice in where you live, what you can buy and how long and hard you work. it also buys you time - ie you dont need to spend hours looking around for a bargain if you have money and can pay for people to do things you dont like so you can spend time doing what you do like to do.

Choice in itself certainly wont make you happy especially if you chose badly such as working all hours so you end up damage your personal relationships and becoming unhappy, but it helps.

NB many entrepreneurs dont actually give much of a stuff about the size of their bank accounts - what they do get a kick out of is seeing their idea grow and turn into a business. The cash just tends to be a measuring stick of success, not an end to itself.

Regards,
Connector
I don't think entrepreneurs are any happier than anybody else in life. If you are in an unhappy relationship or have other issues, no amount of cash can solve theses things. I think they maybe have more control over factors in their life but money will also bring a large number new problems and challenges.
Connector
I'd say most entrepreneurs are happy struggling, because if they didnt struggle to try and succeed they wouldnt be happy.