This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
Catering Vans.......

Anyone know anything about the legalities of operating a sandwich / burger type van.

I've had a look around the internet and I've found out so far that if I wanted to park it on a street that would constitute 'street trading' and therefore, I would have to apply for that certain position from the council and pay fees for the spot.

However, how does it work if I'm operating from private land such as the carpark of a hotel, supermarket or garden centre like you tend to see popping up.

Other than commiting a street trading offence, are there any other restrictions on where I can trade. Obviously, it makes sense that if I'm trading in the middle of a residential district I'm going to pee off environmental health and residents but does that mean its ok if there are no people living in that area.

Other than this, and the fact that any food business needs to be registered, what else needs to be known.

Thanx