This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Starting Up Pt. 2

Hello again everyone,
thanks for all the advice in the last post.

I decided I'm going to start my business part time with the time I can find, then if it takes off to then quit college.

I have a few questions though.

It's basically going to be two different operations... one my web development business and the other an idea I've had. Some of the profit from the web development will be going to fund the other idea.

I'm going to form a limited company, so can I just form one parent company under a name, then have the two companies operating under the same company, or should I incorporate them both seperately?

I'm thinking it;d be easier to do it the first way for accounting etc., but is this allowed? I'm assuming I'd have to declare the 2 trading names or something?
Connector
Hi Richard,

Can you email with your skill base, php/mysql etc??

Regards
Brett White
Adventures in Creative Design
Starting Out
I don't think that is possible with a Ltd. Company. From what I remember the only possibility was to incorporate a Ltd company but have it T/A or trading as a different name.

Your local "company shop" will be able to help you out with lots of free advice.