This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
Web Business Startup

I believe I have had a few ideas with great potential that are primarily web based (not e-commerce), but as I am not a web designer, how might I go about setting up the website?

Would a consultancy be the best option, or am I better trying to buy in expertise through staffing the business with web designers?

In essence, the thing that I would be most nervous about would be some copy of the business idea at the early stage that means that I may lose the first mover advantage. At present, I also have to think carefully about the amount of time I put in, as I can only afford to start evenings and weekends.

Any ideas how others have done this? In particular Alex Tew must have had similar problems and I seem to remember he posted on this forum before it all took off.

I understand that a good web based business is made through marketing, is early high profile marketing enough to push you ahead of copies?

Have others had a similar issue and how did you get around it?

Thanks all,
AGB
Connector
It depends on if you need that technical expertise 24/7 as to whether you staff your office with techies or go through a consultant.

Marketing should be a ongoing thing, but yes, a great launch is essential to success.

If you'd like to have a chat over the technical sides under a NDA agreement please email me at chris.allen [aT} uk-networks.net and we'll get something set up.

Rgds,
Chris

THE MOST POWERFUL SEO SOFTWARE... EVER!