This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
Quote for website please

Morning,

My friend has just quit his job and is going it alone in the sign industry. He has produced his company logo and all the relevant letterheads and business cards etc but has asked me to sort out the web side of things and marketing.

To start with he is just wanting a website with just the home page having all his contact details and his logo and then over time he would like to add to the site with case studies and products/prices.

I have purchaced both a dot com and dot co dot uk domain name for him so now I need a quote if possible for someone to create the homepage, host the site and sort out the email addresses for me so that I can start sending some marketing emails to companies from a "proper" email address and not a hotmail account!!

To be honest there is no massive rush for the actual homepage but I need the emails setting up asap.

Many thanks in advance for and prices and help.

cheers

Darren
Connector
Hi Darren,

I'm pretty much snowed under with development work at the moment but I can get your hosting/emails up and running today.

Have a look at our Windows Home plan here: http://www.openmindhosting.co.uk/uk-...eb-hosting.cfm as you won't need any of the more advanced plans (although you can upgrade at any time)
You can order online, receive your account details immediately then repoint your domains.

If you need any help just holler at me on 08456 445 789
Guru
Cheers for that Phil, really appreciate it. Just waiting for my domain names comfirmation and then I will be in touch.

Best wishes

Darren
Connector
OKey doke, no worries. I've found that lately domains are propagating within a few hours so it should get set-up pretty quick.

Saying that, last night I set-up a new company site, registered the domain from scratch and re-pointed and it was done in less then ten minutes
Guru
Phil, Just 2 questions.

Can I just go for the home package or would I have to go for the business one?

And secondly this may sound like a really thick question but I am not that up on computers!!! I have a email account of my own set up through outlook at the moment. Can you have more than one account on outlook so I can send emails from this new company and then still use it for my own business?

Dumb question I know!!

Cheers

Darren
Connector
Believe me, there is no such thing as a dumb question

For what you want to use your site for there is little point in going for the business plan at this stage as the resources offered with the Home plan are more than enough for what you need. If you wanted to upgrade later you certainly can and we give you a credit for any unused time.

So lets say you start off on the Home plan and pay 30 for the year and after 6 months move to the business one. We give you a credit of 15 (six months unused time) towards the cost of the business plan so you're not out of pocket.

You can have as many accounts as you like set-up on Outlook, last count I have 47 One point to note though is that Outlook sets one account as the default for sending new messages so you should choose the one you intend to use the most as the default account.

If you want to send an email from a different account, you can change it before sending the email. When you reply/forward to an email it's always sent using the account it was received on so nothing to change unless you want to of course.
Connector
Hi Darren,

Yes its possible to setup a number of different e-mail accounts on Outlook Express, I recall its under Tools > Accounts > Add > Mail. No longer use Outlook have switched over to Mozilla Thunderbird

If you wanted a quote for the homepage design, drop me an e-mail greg(at)gregfindley.com

Theres examples of my work on my site www.gregfindley.com

Thanks,
Greg
Guru
Cheers guys,

Very helpful.
Entrepreneur
Hi Darren,

If you want to contact me on carl [at] twinmoney.com then I can send you a quote for the site and hosting etc.

Regards
Carl
Starting Out
Hi Darren,

I've emailed you directly.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rebecca
Connector
Hi Darren,

If you drop me an email at chris.allen [aT} uk-networks.net, I will be more then happy to quote you for a design for the website.

Rgds,
Chris Allen

THE MOST POWERFUL SEO SOFTWARE... EVER!
Connector
Hi Darren,

Just sent you an e-mail regarding this...