This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
In despair!!

Hi guys,

I went self-employed last year and opened a small scale company which installed UPVC fascia boards & guttering etc...

As I had previous experience in this field I wanted to use it as an opening to other projects I had in mind, I mean I dont really enjoy fitting fascia boards but it was an easy way into the self-employed world.

Things have happened and I can no longer work on ladders and my business has shut down!! :-( and I am now labouring for my dads building company.

I have had loads of new business ideas all that have proved fruitless upon research. One was a clothing retail shop, another was in the baby industry. I have loads of experience in sales, computers and know I have a talent for design but have no formal qualifuications. Also I know I didnt leave my career job to finally become a builders laborour too!!

The thing is I am now at a point where I want to relaunch myself as a business owner but have no idea what to do!!!!

Can anyone offer me any advice regarding the best place to go or person to talk with regarding business ideas. I really can't get focused at the moment!

Cheers all
Connector
Theres hope...

Matt,

You don't need formal qualifications to make a living at design, many (including myself) designers are making a living from design based on being self taught only.

Regards

Amanda
Connector
I've just sent you an email about a possible business venture!
Connector
Design experience

Amanda,

Wow, judging from your impressive portfolio I would have been sure you had some sort of design degree or somethink.

I had always wantewd to go into some sort of design based area but as I have never been to uni and only had GCSE qualifications never thought I would get anywhere at it!

I am always the one who is asked to do my dads advertising, I always did my own company fliers and many other small time design tasks but never thought I could make a living at it with no formal qualifications.

Can I ask you how you went about getting the relevant experience to get to the standard you are now?? Maybe it might give me a step in the right direction.

If you want to email me direct I know you have my email so feel free.

Cheers A
Connector
Idea!!

Have you ever thought of Network Marketing as it is sales in a way BUT with a monthly residual income attached to it??

www.telecomplus.org.uk/choc

Suppliers of fresh chips and peeled potatoes to the trade.
www.edimachipsltd.co.uk