This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

make my own website

Hi there, I was thinking about making my own website through a template but am unsure of how exactly you do this. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so any advice would be appreciated.
Connector
Depending of the kind of template you have... But I suggest you to learn some basic HTML before you start.
Entrepreneur
I'd suggest trying out Dreamweaver's trial to experiment with learning HTML, go through some tutorials and see if it's for you.
Guru
I'd suggest learning HTML too - Start somewhere like HTMLgoodies.com. Then, if for some reason your template isn't working, you might be able to pinpoint and correct the problem in seconds.
EZGenerator is really good!

www.ezgenerator.com
Hi

I would suggest a lot of practice before you decide to publish your home made website on the net. Afterall it is promoting you business and as an amateur it may not show the proffesional image you desire. I would reccomend using a cheap web design company to get a well presented site.

On the other hand practice is always good and if you learn well then it could save you a lot of money in the long run being able to design and develop your own websites.

Thanks
Dean
DS-Media
Maven
Hi lauramarie,

I took the time to learn how to make my own website and I am really happy with the result.

It works well for my business, but yours may need to be a little more complicate for you business?

If you are creative and have a design in mind, then you should give it a go yourself!

Good luck!

Fiona
Silver Ruby - Colourful Contemporary Jewellery
www.silverruby.com
Connector
http://www.w3schools.com/ is one of the best sites out for learning html / css stuff.

http://www.thinkvitamin.com/ is also a good site for design issues
Guru
depends how technical you want it. the time it takes for you to learn from scratch how to set a website up (could be months) - it might be worth investing in a not too expensive design company to do it for you and you will be up and running quicker - giving you more time to concentrate on the actual business. what about contacting graphic design students in their final year at uni - they could maybe do it as their final piece of work or something and would be cheaper than going through a company? just a few thoughts...
Guru
I have designed my website through www.freewebs.com, you can have a look mine www.beautywonderland.org.uk
SCHEDULE DATA

I'm aware of the lack of funds many people have when starting up, but I run my own business (I'm only 16) It's a website design business; it does everything from look after it, right through to just building it- online shops .etc are included as well.
You can have a basic website (looking anyway you want- with no limit on images, text or pages) for just 250

Just ring 07903 898 288 (yes it's a mobile number- I am only running a small business )
Connector
Do you do e-commerce sites?