This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

Guru
Just gone live - feedback would be great!

Hiya

We went live last night with www.beautifulthings.co.uk which is v. exciting, but now I'd really appreciate some feedback from people who don't know me (my family and friends are a bit biased I reckon!).

It would be great if you could let me know what you think and how we could improve in the future.

One thing - please note that this is a LIVE SITE so don't order anything unless you actually want it !!

And a massive thanks to the people on this forum who have been a huge help in getting me to this point - especially Anuschka who designed the site, Amanda who designed the logo and Elena for her advice and enthusiasm.

Zoe

www.beautifulthings.co.uk
Connector
Zoe:

The site is gorgeous. Ive already placed my order!
I dont think you have anything to worry about. Now just get out their start shouting from the roof tops. tell the world about your site.

Visit every forum you can and post post. Oh yes and send me a link so that I can send you traffic.

Im sure you will be very successful

Elena
www.oohlalaa.com
Maven
Beautiful things

Hi Zoe,

I have been a member here for sometime but I havent been posting quite as much as others.

Just checked out your website, ITS BEAUTIFUL, fab items!!very well laid out & looks so professional. I bet it cost you a bit for the design of the site.

I also have been trying to set-up my business/website & today my computer has decided to go on strike, can't switch on, think something loose inside. So can't work on anything at mo!

Don't worry if your friends don't feel as excited as you do, I sometime find that with my family & friends. You must be so proud & glad that it all went to plan because when I previously checked your site, you initially plan to go live in April.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you for the website design/hosting?

I have had a logo designed by Amanda, she's brilliant, nice lady!

I have been looking round for ecommerce/payment provider but the cost are so high! Stuart has mentioned your name in my other post. Is it expensive to set-up the ecommerce in your website?

I'll be visiting you again for some bags, I'm a baglady!

When my site is up maybe we can swap links!

Good luck & all the best,
Entrepreneur
its a great site. looks really fab
Guru
THANK YOU

Thanks SO much for the feedback - when you're so close to something it starts to get hard to be able to see it through new eyes, if you know what I mean.

Businesslady - glad you thought the site looked professional - it wasn't as expensive as you might think, and I would definitely recommend talking to Anuschka.

Re. payment providers, I went through James @ A4 Internet, who was incredibly helpful and explained everything that I didn't understand. I'm using Worldpay as although their set-up costs are quite high, their percentage commission is lower than quite a few other providers and they have a good reputation. However, I know Elena pays less commission through her bank, so it is probably worth trying that route.

What is your business?

Good luck with everything.

Z

Maven
Zoe,

Great site design....looks really funky and has really strong branding.....

Have you contacted any womens magazines yet?...definitely worth a go, they might do a little feature on the site?

Elena, do you mind me asking how the payment on your site works....do you process all payments manually?

Thanks!
Laura
Guru
Hi Laura

Thanks! Press releases went out last week and I'm chasing them all up this week - I have had some interest, but nothing concrete yet, but shall keep on phoning!

If anyone knows any journalists !...

Z

Starting Out
well done zozzy!

hello Z

I think your site is AMAZING!! Well done I would be proud! All the hard work is worth it in the end!

I will be doing a similar range for my E-commerce website, so when Im up and running maybe we could exchange links? Feels like it gonna be ages before that happens though!

Good luck hon! Are you still working? Or are you a fully fledged business woman? Its funny cos when I'm at work I cant think about anything else apart from getting on with my business plan research etc, as I hate my Job so much!!

Congrats hon (Im Jealous!!)

Take care!

' The Best Fashion and Home Accessories on the Web for the Fashion Savvy Lady!

www.misssavvy.com
Guru
Hi Shaheen

Thanks - glad you like it! And yes, I guess I am now a fully-fledged business woman (although a very poor one!!).

Good luck with all your plans - it takes time, but the planning is SO important and you'll get there in the end.

Z

Starting Out
good ya!

Just thoguht i'd be boring and say the same as everybody else, cos it''s true! Very nice site indeed, and you must be so proud that it's all up and running...phew! the style/look feel and everything is very nice (excellent choice to attract your targets), and the navigation easy to follow and nice and simple.
I (like most!) am also in the process of starting up on my own...a freelance portal, which will bridge the gap between companies/individuals (like you and me!) and freelancers, it will work primarily on a word of mouth basis and hopefully provide lots and lots of useful info and shared recources for the users of it! So get your mate (logo designer!) to register on it and anyone else who you think might be interested! And i promise i'll get all my crazy girly friends to go to your site and buy lots of beautiful things...hehe!!

Well done

www.leport.co.uk (Just the holding page, available from 30/05/03 if easily get their butts into gear!!)
Guru
Hi Kirsty

Will pass on details of your website to the freelancers I know ... and there are a few!

Good luck.

Z
Connector
Well done

I love the sparkles coming in and out at the top of the page, makes it look really special :-) The whole site is very very well done and very original.

Your product range is brilliant, and very comprehesive, I for one have bookmarked it!

Regards

Amanda
Entrepreneur
It's lovely but I could only look at a couple of pages as I was being too tempted! What version of actinic are you using?

Chris
Guru
Thanks guys! Chris, we're using version 6 of Actinic.

Z

Maven
Hi!
After not having been to the Forum for weeks, I'm just reading through the praise for Beautiful Things. I'm obviously as proud as Zoe, and happy for you guys to contact me with questions!
Anuschka

Creative Web Design & Ecommerce Solutions
Moustique Design
http://www.moustique.net