This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
wireless adaptor

anyone got a wireless adaptor? ive been trying to get the intrenet on my laptop but it says that it is connected but if try to open intrenet explorer it will be like it is not connected. anyone got a soloution?
Connector
Try pressing the reset button on the back of the wireless box - mine does this sometimes and doing that then pressing repair on my PC seems to do the trick.
Maven
so on your laptop when you go on internet explorer does it just go onto your homeage?
Connector
Yep. I have had this problem before - wireless appears to be working but when I click on IE nothing comes up.

Go to your wireless box, press the reset button (I also reset my broadband for good measure as I have ntl broadband through a set top box) and then go back to your PC and reset the wireless there. Mine is a Linksys so all I have to do is click the icon on my bottom tool bar and click repair - that fixes it for me everytime.
Maven
Much more simply... click on the "File" menu in Internet Explorer, and check that "Work Offline" is not ticked... (your home page may be cached)

Tom
Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
StoneBlog Prime