This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
Premium Text Service

Hello

I have been thinking about setting up a premium text service but have come stuck when I try to find a company that can supply me with the texts. Please can anyone guid eme in the right direction.

Thanks
Connector
Hey Danny

There's lots of companies that can handle that for you but it really does depend on what you want to do.

If you simply want to earn every time someone texts in to your particular number then you'll need a premium short-code (probably shared) and a keyword.

www.esendex.com - can handle most of it for you or drop me an email with a bit more info and i'll give you some ideas

mark@textstart.com
Connector
The problem I've had was developping the program to interact with the text messages received! Know anyone that can do that?
Own a pet in Yorkshire? Click here
Connector
Hmmm... that's a site coding issue not really a text one

Some of our platforms do the same sort of idea - ie. read the text from the message and perform a specific action based on that - the way we set it up is to use one account to receive in messages via a short-code and another to send the reply messages back out

Having said that, while esendex.com and others can help intergrate text into your program or site, you'll need to develop the coding in the site to handle what happens when a text is received

You should look at the SMS providers like the post office - they can deliver and send but everything else is really down to you

Again without knowing more it's hard to be too specific, but my guess is you'll need a great web developer to put your idea into practice - or pay through the nose to get the SMS providers to build a platform for you
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by nick.martin
The problem I've had was developping the program to interact with the text messages received! Know anyone that can do that?
what you trying to do - our price comparison service via sms does this well, we are using the essendex api.