This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Small Car Dealerships?

Any one have a background in this? Was wondering if they would be ready to embrace new technology? Some places do currently have a website that they update their stock on. But they're not very nice and user friendly.

How much would i be able to charge for a website that the dealership could easily update cars in an "auto-trader" style type of way? tie it in with a route planner powered by google for directions to find the place. And easily add new content and edit/delete it.

Any adivce i would appreciate it .
Guru
I'm working on such a project at the moment after months of research. I can tell you most small dealerships are very reluctant to spend on technology unless you actually visit them and show them the tangible benefits.

Most dealerships around our area are owned by middle aged people whom have been in the industry all the life and have made a living quite happily by listing in autotrader every week. Very difficult to change the mindset of these people unless you can show them the benefits!
Connector
in this situation I woud suggest a free-trial - so free software (say for 3 months) and free setup/training. If it actually works they will pay.
Connector
www.ask4hosting.co.uk/carshowroom

Still under development but thats where the idea is at so far.

Thanx for the tips and advice.
Connector
Yea doesnt look bad I would get some better / more real-life pics of the cars and make the pics much larger and have multiple pics per car (say upto 6 even). The tough (costly) part with this is marketing, perhaps get something up in trade-press or buy some opt-in email or snail mail lists...
Connector
Get yourself on pistonheads forum. If your interested in cars, even in the slightest, that's where you want to be.
Guru
In my opinion this site although still in development needs some work, search facilities etc.

The only other problem I see with the concept is that small dealers can use autotrader in this way already
Connector
search facilites? You can already search for make and model.

Autotrader while being good, this would be more cost effective. If used in conjunction with autotrader.