This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
OT: Last minute.com

Hello Guys,

Off topic, I know but i wanted to know if any of you have used last minute to book your holiday?

I am going on holiday to Tunisia on 30th August, cant wait its our first holiday ever!
The kids have never been on holiday and its my first holiday in over 10 years!! :shock:
I booked it with last minute on 31st July i still havent got no tickets, baring in mind i have never booked a holiday before and especially not online i thought this was normal to get your tickets about a week before you go, but having read through their site, you are supposed to get them within 72 hours! :frown:
Now i am starting to panick, i got a call from them giving me the flight times the day after i booked but i have heard nothing else!
I sent one email with no response.
Last night after reading through the self help pages and discovering i should have had my tickets within 72 hours, i sent another email.
I'm really getting a bit scared, i want to call them but they have no telephone number for enquires.
the only number i have found is 0871 222 7593 which is for bookings, i think i'm going to ring that...

Anyone have any advice?

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Connector
Check to see if the invoice they sent you isnt an e-ticket. Most online ticket sales giev you these now. You get it by email, print it and it acts as your ticket. Take it the the check in desk and they give you your boarding pass.

Otherwise, call that number. Even if they cant help you they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Hope it helps

Jacqui
Guru
don't leave it late if it they are real tickets that they are meant to be sending out. Used to work for a big internet travel company and their customer service left a lot to be desired - especially with irate customers stuck at airports with problems so make sure if there is chance of a hiccup you resolve it ASAP.
Connector
I've used last minute quite a few times and never recieved tickets they've always been e-tickets. Although I've always booked REALLY last minute ie book today go tomorrow so that could be why.

Ring them!!
Connector
Ring them!

I ordered my air tickets two days Christmas, and received them by special delivery the next day on the 24th.
Connector
Thanks guys

I dont think it is an e ticket.

I rang them and got throught to a indian call centre and suprise suprise their systems were down!
he told me to call back in 2 hours its benn an hour so i'm going to call.
he told me that the details of the holiday eg tour operator should be in the confirmation email but nothing is there it just says what i brought, dates and the price. nothing else...

I will let you know the outcome

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Connector
Hi Natasha,

whatever you do, don't panic, it will get sorted.

Isn't it funny how you want to rant and rave on the phone but the caller centre folk in India just reel off a script consisting of "anything else I can do for you madam?" to which the reply is often "lose the script love, I want to talk to a human not a robot!".

Princess

serenegoddess (@) hotmail.co.uk
Connector
update

Thanks Princess!

Its hard not to panick, its my first proper holiday with my family and just want it to be perfect

Yeah i know it's not the guys in India's faults,it's bloody last minute! You would have thought they have a back up plan in the uk, when their call centre go's down in india!

I called them again and she said ring back within 4 to 5 Hours!!

Well i've been ranting to my very good friend about it and she works for IMRG (internet shopping is safe) and last minute are one of their senate members, she can pull a few strings.

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by natasha
I rang them and got throught to a indian call centre and suprise suprise their systems were down!
he told me to call back in 2 hours its benn an hour so i'm going to call.
Funny, I have just been told the same thing by HMRC and to ring them back in 2 hours... (basically when they're all looking to go home!!!)

Maybe there's a new computer virus we don't know about but I'm sure it's just an excuse. I find it hard to believe big organisations like this have such poor IT systems.

I hope you get it all sorted Natasha, and that you have a great holiday.

Martin
Guru
Quote:
Originally posted by Princess1983
Hi Natasha,

the caller centre folk in India just reel off a script consisting of "anything else I can do for you madam?" to which the reply is often "lose the script love, I want to talk to a human not a robot!".

Princess
i was called from an english call centre yesterday to do with my phone and they said the script thing then i said i was busy can they call back; they called back said exactly the same words but something came up so i asked her to call back and then she called again saying exactly the same words. It is quite surreal to listen to the same speech over and over again.
Connector
Thanks Martin!

Well i have got it sorted, i went onto my account on last minute and re sent the confirmation email and that worked it had the tour operators details, so i could call them.
After two atempts of trying to ring them and getting cut off i finally got through to someone, who i wouldnt let go until i got all the details.
She was very blazaay (sp?) although she wasn't that helpful she gave me the info i wanted, i should get my tickets 7 days before i travel!

Phewww....

Thanks for the support guys and you would think that the big well known companies know what they are doing and know how to keep their customers informed.
Its begining to make me think going with a small company is the better option, the customer service bares not relation to the big companies.

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Connector
Thats good news Natasha, well done, bet its put your mind at rest ?!

Send us all postcards !!

Jacqui
Connector
(MK Printing prints postcards doesnt he?! )

Enjoy your holiday!
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by gregfindley.com
(MK Printing prints postcards doesnt he?! )

Enjoy your holiday!
Didn't Matt throw something out of his pram the other day. Havn't seen him since.
Connector
I thought he'd been banned?