This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Stationery-Direct.co.uk's Avatar Stationery-Direct.co.uk Stationery-Direct.co.uk is offline
Connector
E-Mail Problems Anyone?

Just wondering if anybody has been having e-mail problems lately, I have had quite a few e-mails not getting through to customers of late, not bouncing back yet not getting through.

I am with Wanapoo and use their mail server as for some reason I cannot use another whilst they provide my broadband, I have spoken to them and they say they have no mail server problems, I have tried sending 5 e-mails now to my Hotmail account as a test, they send, never arrive, are not in the junk e-mail folder and are not bounced back, so where have they gone?

Any advice as I am losing business as a result.
Connector
Are they hotmail.co.uk accounts you're trying to send to by any chance? I think wanadoo's mail servers have blocked hotmail.co.uk addresses for some reason. I've been having this problem for months, if I send any emails to hotmail.co.uk addresses, they never get there and I get a mail delivery failed message a few days later (sometimes up to a week or more later!). Hotmail.com addresses and all others seem to work ok, just not the .co.uk I've tried to contact them about it but not got much response as yet. Luckily, I've got a webmail account too and have only had to send a few emails to .co.uk which I do through the webmail account just fine. Had no joy when contacting them about the problem previously, just hoping now that orange have bought them over they'll get things sorted!

S
Stationery-Direct.co.uk's Avatar Stationery-Direct.co.uk Stationery-Direct.co.uk is offline
Connector
Its a .com hotmail account that I have, its not just with hotmail though its with others aswell, I think things can only get worse now Orange have took over, they offer free broadband to their mobile phone customers which can only clog the server up more.

To be honest Im absolutely fuming, but who can I have a go at, no one, its not as though Im going to get through to the mail server tecnician to discuss this problem, I have phoned 4 times now and each time I have spoken to some idiot overseas who hasn't got a clue. If I have to be told that Orange don't support Microsoft Outlook again I'll scream... Rant over!
Connector
why don't you have a promotionalprint.co.uk e-mail? every e-mail i set up with a domain i offer a webmail interface and external configs for outlook xpress etc. You should ask your host about that.
Connector
We do offer a webmail service but Damion is talking about sending this from his desktop. We've tried with our own SMTP server on his machine but like other ISPs, Wanadont block you using anyone else outgoing mailserver except for theirs...
Connector
[snip]
Connector
Yep as Phil mentioned I do have webmail but really need to be able to contact customers via Outlook as I have over 1200 for one of my businesses.

I sent 25 invoices via e-mail to 25 of my customers yesterday asking for a received receipt, I had 2 back which makes me think the other 23 were not received, as you can imagine I will be bankrupt shortly, how does everybody else manage to invoice customers? via post?

Is there any other way to send e-mails without using wanapoo's email server, alternatively, is there any other broadband providers who will let me use whatever email server I choose? as if I want my business to survive a change may be in order.
Connector
Well if you have NTL in your area you could use them. I have for many years without any major issues...
Connector
Typical! no NTL by me.
Connector
Hi,

You could use a port redirection service.

I've used http://www.no-ip.com for many years without any problems.

$19.95 a year for 150 sent messages a day. (About £12)

Wannapooo must be blocking you from connecting to any service on Port 25, using No-IP they will give you a different port number to send from which is unlikely to be blocked by your ISP.

Regards,

Martin
Connector
Or just complain to Wanadoo and see if they will change it.
www.bluetekservices.com
Web and Corporate Design | IT Systems

My status
Connector
i use onetel 20 quid a month well worth it.

I'm sure it must be infringing human rights and EU law not allowing the use of communication unless authorised by the ISP.
Connector
I use aol-no problems and been using them for over 4 years now.

Princess

serenegoddess (@) hotmail.co.uk