This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Banned
Do you use marketing packages?

Before we start, I am NOT selling anything!

I am curious to know how many people invest in their marketing and management skills and buy packages and systems from people such as Brian Tracy and Dan Kennedy.

I listen to a lot of marketing seminars and I have read a lot of books and ebooks, and I have made my own 16 point marketing plan that will be put onto autopilot once my website is ready.

Has anyone else done this or is using a marketing system they have bought? What results have you gotten from then and was it hard to implement?

Thanks

Matt
Connector
Matt - where do you get the tapes from? Give me a link for them so that I can start educating myself too

As for marketing; this is how my plan is;

My market ; Schools, teachers and pupils

Twice a year (April and October), I send out free educational card game packs to each school (one per school). These are the major marketing campaigns that are done. There are minor ones like, TES forum, website, advertisement in journals.

The major campaigns are the ones I focus on. They are paid by sponsors. The sponsors pay for the development of the game, design, print and delivery. I then include an order form in each pack with all my card games listed that I sell. Schools then purchase by mail order, telephone, fax, or online.

This year is the first year that i have done this. April mailing has been reletively successful. The October mailing is currently being worked on. And I've obtained all the necessary funding for designing, creating, printing and mailing the next packs.

Obviously there is a lot of opportunities available using new marketing methods or optimising current methods. I have to also weigh up the time it takes for each new idea. And at the moment i am working on the October mailing.

As for investing in my education. I agree this is important. I have purchased a few books and the most recent one is 'How to write proposals'. This is an essential tool for me because I have learned that my strength lies in creating ideas and turn them into successful proposals. they are successful because funders are convinced to pay me to work on them. So I am honing my skill so that I can create numerous proposals to construct the ideas I have succinctly and convincingly for clients. My next target is a major London organisation. I will be looking at training myself to write and communicate better as well. Especially presentation skills.

Last week I had a meeting with a staff member of the Institute of Civil Engineers. I needed to convince them that they can use their contacts to ask for the relevant sponsorship. As it turned out they wanted to sponsor the project themselves rather than ask any of their partner companies. This is great news for me and gives me great feedback with regards to how to handle potential sponsors.

Hope this is the sort of info you wanted.

Loop Card Games
"Making learning fun"
Banned
Aye that sounds good like.

There are many many places you can get marketing tapes and packages.

Here are a few links that will get you on the way;

http://www.briantracy.com/ (visit this site and set aside a day or week of your life. This guy is amazing and I plan to spend a lot of money with him)

http://www.hardtofindseminars.com/audioclips.htm (Free MP3s to download and keep! Really good site and I use it a lot)

http://www.geniusnetwork.com/ (tapes for sale and very good. I have listened to lots and lots of these)

http://www.dankennedy.com/ns/dk1.htm (marketing God)

http://www.abraham.com/ (another marketing God)

www.nightingale.com (marketing superstore)

That should keep you busy for a while! Also I have hours and hours of MP3s and hundreds of ebooks. If you want I can make you a CD and send it to you. Drop me an email at info@mkprinting.co.uk

Matt
Connector
Thank you for your time to post the links. I've saved some on my favourites folder.

Loop Card Games
"Making learning fun"
Banned
You are very welcome and I hope that you get some good use out of them. Please let me know how it goes.

Matt