This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
toilet attendants

had a run in on saturday night with a toilet attendant in a nighclub who demanded a pound from me for washing my hands which I refused to pay. The man was shouting and at one point grabbed my arm which I immediately removed(just removed nothing more). Anyway me being me - following up i complained to the club with a strong email and got the name of the sub-contractor who supplies them with attendants. I spoke to the owner of the company who informed me that he has never heard of such an incident ever happening (not sure i believe this) and that the man has been sacked (not great but i dont think it's good for business if your staff are assaulting customers). Anyway the owner of the company wants to meet me next week - this seems dubious to me as i have explained i consider the matter closed now but he is quite insistent and thinks 'fate' or something might have drawn us together. Is this weird or what? I am usually an advocate of complaining when i have received poor service but in this instance i feel i wish i just left it alone.
Connector
Sounds dodgy to me, I wouldn't go, not unless I had some of my larger friends with me anyway.
Guru
Run, run like the wind!

Only joking, you were right to complain, they can be less than tactful at times from my experience, although i would suggest not meeting the owner, sounds like a bit of a fruitcake!

Keep us informed!
Guru
think he might be worried that I might kick up a fuss over the 'right to work status' of his employees but i'm not going to. What's more worrying is he claims to be a pastor (though could be true). Amazing how the most trivial petty things can get blown up.
Entrepreneur
If you are going go with a friend(s). Just in case.
Banned
If he wants to meet you then meet in a public place with friends. Let people know where you are going and what time you will be back.

I don't actually understnad why he wants to meet with you, and unless there is anything for you to gain, don't go.

I have gone along to some meeting where friends have been buying or selling gig tickets. They don't really want to meet someone and take £100 off them and risk being mugged shortly after by one of their mates.

Matt
Starting Out
why does a sub contractor of toilet attendants deem it fate to have met you exactly?
Guru
Quote:
Originally posted by bloo
why does a sub contractor of toilet attendants deem it fate to have met you exactly?
good question - dont know i kept saying the matter closed and im happy with it now but he kept saying he wants to meet - here's the email i got from him after our call (names taken out)

'THANKS FOR YOUR GOOD CONDUCT. WELL APPRECIATED

JUST GOT YOUR MAIL, LIKE I SAID AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MIGHT HAVE

COST YOU . THE STAFF IN QUESTION HAS JUST BEEN SACKED AS WE AS HAVE RULE

AND REGULATION IN OUR SERVICES TO OUR CLIENTS AND THEIR GUEST.

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME, WE'VE EXPERIENCE SUCH A SITUATION AS YOU DESCRIBED IT, WE'VE

BEEN PROVIDING THIS SERVICES SINCE 1998, IN OTHER VENUES BUT IN LEEDS, BRIGHTON &

LONDON.

LIKE WE DISCUSSED ON THE PHONE PLEASE KEEP THE 5TH OF AUGUST AS A DATE, ON OR

BEFORE THAT DATE I'LL GIVE YOU A CALL, ONCE AGAIN I AM VERY SORRY.

STAY BLESSED IN THE LORD'
Connector
Yeah, I would go just to satisfy my curiosity. I'd make sure I went with someone who would look out for me and I would have a weapon on me also. Probably not a good situation to put yourself in but I'd do it. It's strange enough to do my head in so I would probably go along to see what the score was. If you can handle things as they are and don't care what he wants, then sever contact and ignore it.
Connector
It's probably the guy who assaulted you who wrote that email.
Guru
yeh im curious and if i go i wil take a 'handy' mate who knows whos running the door and most of the doorstaff. Just not one for these type of situations but really curious.
Connector
anyone who ends an email with 'STAY BLESSED IN THE LORD' must be on crack lol

your a fool if you go, why bother? just inform the relevent authorities of illegal employees lol
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by unknown
anyone who ends an email with 'STAY BLESSED IN THE LORD' must be on crack lol
hahaha. Their English isn't very good. From a business point of view, if these people can create business in this country then that is proof enough for me that anyone can.
Connector
please go and keep us updated!! obviusly go to a very public place, and if they look weird dont introduce yourself, just walk away.

dont bring a weapon of anything like that, it provides evidence of intent, if you decide to use it... for self defense.

just bring a mate, that will do.

youve got to go though, i am (like you and many others) very very curious!!!!

god speed.

davep
Banned
Their English is terrible. Last time I got an email like that was for someone who had lost their husband and they need my assistance to move £100million out of their country, or something to that extent.

You have made your point, now leave it at that. I would thank hom for his assistance and further contact is not required.

Matt