This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

rbren90
Employment / Experience problem

Hi,
I have been designing and devloping websites for about half a hour now, and I reckon I'm starting to get the hang of it.
So I was wanting to branch out a bit and get a bit of experience in an established business. I'm only 15, 16 in september which is sometimes a problem for employers. But my main problem is that the only local web design company that I had a look at doesn't seem very good in terms of design. Their website is very simple and bland, and looks quite outdated so I was wondering if it's even worth applying for a job there or looking to see if they'l even show me the ropes for a while.

On the other hand there is a very nice and fantastic design wise business in belfast not far from my town. Would it be more worth it for me to try there?

Any thoughts appreciated..
Ryan
Connector
You've been designing for a whole thirty minutes?? wow! No wonder you want to branch out lol.

Send them both a letter/call them both and see what comes of it. This way, you can't lose really.
Connector
You can learn just as much from a 'bad' business as you can from a 'good'. Send them both a speculative application as you cant afford to be too picky at this stage.
rbren90
woops, didn't see that lol, i meant half a year...

thanks for the advice, I'll have a look into it and see what happens
Guru
Go for it, you the worst they can say is no. Make sure you have some good examples of design work you have done.

10 Page Design With Logo Only £130!

w: evns.co.uk
t: 0870 446 0149
f: 0870 446 0127