This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
7-10 cups a week of espresso macchiato, or ristretto.
This is in addition to the many cupping sessions I take place in.

Coffee is more than a drink to me, it is a passion.

Never touch decaf or instant coffeee, and am not a tea person, but allegedly I make good cup.

Business Consultancy @ Inzvestor
Connector
Re: OT: Coffee

Quote:
How much coffee do you drink?

None! No coffee, no alcohol, no fizzy drinks ... only water and nectars.
Connector
2 to three litres of strong black coffee per day. sometimes i do without on holiday but i tend to just be asleep. never had any problems with it. never touch the red bulls or any other caffinated drink.
i used to have 6 double expressos before starting work every day but now rely on instant.
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by moneyman
2 to three litres of strong black coffee per day. sometimes i do without on holiday but i tend to just be asleep. never had any problems with it. never touch the red bulls or any other caffinated drink.
i used to have 6 double expressos before starting work every day but now rely on instant.

That would probably kill me shame as I really love coffee. My favourite is a triple latte with half spoon of brown sugar which I could just about get away with once every day. any more and my stomach woudl start making very weird noises and I'd be off any caffeine or fibre for days.

netInspired - Website | Application | Database Development

View Phil Rae's profile on LinkedIn      
Connector
I like people drinking lots of coffee

There are a lot of people buying good coffee for home and where as I started with 3 types of coffee beans, I now sell 11 different sorts. Fair Trade is not such a quick mover but the ethically traded sells well.

Even Flavia has started to catch up with an ethically traded option recently launched.

Some customers I have drink about 8 cups through a machine each but most sites average at about 2 per person per day for every person in th building.

I prefer tea when I am at home and drink on average probably only 1 or 2.

Vending Solutions from Vendesent.co.uk
Connector
don't do coffee, when i'm on day shifts at work i drink about 5 mugs of tea a day, when working out of hours or at home i stick to the cold drinks, water, fruit juices and cordials
Guru
I get through 1 small jar of coffee (the wee ones that costlike £1.50)

1 small bag of sugar (take between 3 and 5 sugars per cup depending on size)

and 4 pints of milk.

Thats just an average day. I also smoke about 40 a day. On a stressful day it can be as much as 100.

I can feel heart attack No 1 coming as I write this.
Banned
Dude you need to be stopping all that like. I am no doctor but I think you really need to cut down on those things or in a few years it is not going to be pretty.

Matt
Guru
I need some insentive Matt, how about some free promotional material for my company if I quit the smokes and caffine?

Seriously though, I'm quiting smoking on the 1st of August if I can, after 8 years of nicotine addiction it'll be a tough nut to crack and knowing me I'll probably replace it with something else like chocolate raisins, get really fat and still have the heart attack I'm trying to avoid. I'm gonna give up the ol coffee to cause I get major headaches if I don't get my fix and that can't be good. Need to replace it with something like flavoured water or some such thing, riding a bike all day will no doubt kick my **** into gear and I'll start the healthy lifestyle but you know how it is, gettin the biz of the grounds my main priorety at the mo, health comes second.
Banned
It is good that you are planning to stop smoking. Although I believe that health comes first over business every time.

I suggest going to see a doctor about your health and then getting a personal trainer. I have one that comes round once a month and sorts out my eating and training with me.

Don't swap once vice for another. I know a few people that have stopped smoking and started munching instead. I say join a gym or some sort of sports club and commit to going 3 times a week.

There are a lot of motivational tapes you can listen too and there is a lot of help available if you look for it. I know what it is like, you just can not imagine your life without smoking or drinking coffee. It is hard to do, but all good things are!

Go see your doctor and I am sure he will give you a few horror stories for you to be getting on with.

Matt
Connector
Best motivation I find is having someone else doing the same as you. Try and find a friend that will quit smoking too then you can spur eachother on and tease the other when they crack.

netInspired - Website | Application | Database Development

View Phil Rae's profile on LinkedIn