This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Banned
That's over then

I am sure you waatched the match yesterday. I am still very tired and my voice horse.

We are just not good enough to win a major trophy.

We played badly in every game bar a few players. Rio, Hargreaves and Lennon all great. Rest were average at best.

Might start supporting Scotland. At least that way I won't have to worry about watching big tournaments

Matt
Connector
Thankfully I have a consolation prize, and that is at least Reading were promoted to the premiership this year... go Royals

I was in a taxi cab in Thailand, and the taxi driver asked what team I supported, so I said "Reading", and he said "they are going to get promoted" I thought wow, I am in a distant land and he knew about Reading FC
Maven
I'm actually glad we're out for two reasons.

1) Can you imagine playing France the way we've played our other games? France will be a lot less forgiving than teams like Portugal, Ecuador etc. We just looked clumsy yesterday, and against players like Zidaine, there's no room for that. It would have been embarassing.

2) I hate watching Peter Crouch play. He's unnaturally tall and lanky, and I cringe whenever he gets the ball as his movements look so unnatural. He also appears to be made of twigs and I can't help but imagine even the lightest tackle would snap his body in two.

Anyway, we may have lost but you can't say it wasn't an exciting game to watch. My heart was pumping like i'd just ran a mile throughout.
Connector
crouch played ok actually.

I blame the argentian ref, linesman and 4th official.

.... and Sven and beckam.

.... and heskey for good measure!

You can get paid for your friends playing games on your site:

http://www.uvme.biz/74994GA
Click on the link and watch the video.
Connector
"I am so excited about the World Cup that some days I have to sit down and breath deeply.

I really think we have a chance and a real chance, not a Tim Henman at Wimbledon chance, but one where we might actually win!

Matt"

Mk printing 02/06/06

"I will quote you on your 'henman' line matt when you lose!"

Whitesparkpromo 02/06/06

At least Henman is doing well at Wimbledon, oh, wait, he lost too!!!
Beer Bottle Designer
Viral golf game
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by gwhaskew

.... and heskey for good measure!
I think you found the fault. I blame him too.

Free Business Advertising | UK Business Directory
Local Business Directory | UK Business Directory | Free PC Tools
Lifetime Links | Cooking Recipes | Dessert recipes | 10,000 directories
Connector
Due to yesterday's sad departure from the World Cup

Here is something funny..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy0mz0t879Q&
Banned
Stuart

Be quiet!

Matt
Connector
Sorry Matt, sure you would have been harder on me if you won!!!

On a brighter note, I have Italy and Germany in a sweepstake, so I am guaranteed to have a team in the Final.

As to who is going to win?? Who knows.

The France V Brazil game was one of the best games I have seen. EVER.
Beer Bottle Designer
Viral golf game
Banned
Like I would have been Stu. I would have made a simple comment like, "we won" and then left it at that

We were poor in all of the games we played. Before the World Cup I thought that we did have a chance but our organisation was poor and we continue to play the long ball game and hoping someone will get on the end of it, rather than learn from better teams about linking play and working through balls.

I just hope that we move forward as we have the players to be a great side. On paper we are very strong and we have determination. We just need to get the formation sorted and stop belting i forward and hoping for the best.

Matt
Guru
In all fairness I donít think we ever had any intentions of winning the world cup. I mean we have one of the best squads of players in the world cup without a doubt probably being second to Brazil on household names.

But again as said above we were poor in all of our games and to be honest I think that was mainly down to Sven and his inability to realise that the 4-1-4-1 formation didnít work in all of our previous games so it didnít really stand a chance against a team with a lot of skill and determination such as Portugal. Our game was also dependant on playing the long ball o our lone striker who had to hold the ball and wait for backup which at this level was probably never going to work.

You saw that when Lennon was introduced and we were down to 10 men it was a whole different ball game, we were creating chances and spreading play much better but again, the tactics were quite worrying as we were still playing a lone striker (although I suppose its understandable playing with that formation (4-5-1) with only 10 men on the pitch, but I think a 4-4-2 formation would have been much better and given us more of a chance with Lennon on the flank.

But hey we were beaten on penalties and I think every English person knew we were out at that point and now we have to look forward to Steve Mclarenís reign as the new manager, and also a new England captain (my guess isÖ Lampard, Gerrard or Neville).

Iím looking forward to the new Premiership season now and hope that either C.Ronaldo or Rooney donít leave for Real Madrid.
Connector
GUTTED!

That's all I can say!
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by alisonellerbrook0
GUTTED!
Totally!

Now Becks has given up the fight too!

Raspberry-Bloom Jewellery Design