This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Shell !!

Anyone have there A2 business exam today? How did you find it? It was all about shell didnt realise they made profits off over 9 billion.
Jon
Connector
I am grateful they siphon some of it towards supporting LiveWIRE
Connector
Yeah its really great that they can give something back and it was nice to see last night, all the big guys being passionate about giving young people the chance to set up their own businesses.

So well done shell!

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Connector
I agree, BP profits were about 8.5 billion, and i dont see any community projects being set up by them, shell gives back to the community, and has inspired many young entrepreneurs. Well done Shell.
Jon
Connector
Hmmm, Lets not get into how great a company Shell is.

I am quite sure some members good give ten bad things about shell for every good thing you can think of.

Yes though the Livewire service is good though.

Please don't ban me.

You can get paid for your friends playing games on your site:

http://www.uvme.biz/74994GA
Click on the link and watch the video.
out of interest gwhaskew, are you a student or staff member at essex uni? i used to study there
Connector
Neither no more.... ;-)

You can get paid for your friends playing games on your site:

http://www.uvme.biz/74994GA
Click on the link and watch the video.
Connector
I love this place so I have to say thanks for the fact that it exists. I also realise Shell is a business and is in the business of making money. I know they don't have to offer this service and I'm sure they have other benefits apart from the goodwill of helping us lot realise our dreams. I do think they could do a better job though, especially with profits like that. All I ask is an updated site/forum, which is on the way. When that arrives I'll want for nothing else from them.

Maybe I'm missing something, I have to admit I know little about the services and movements of Shell. What else do shell provide apart from this support forum and the awards?
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by Play!!
I love this place so I have to say thanks for the fact that it exists. I also realise Shell is a business and is in the business of making money. I know they don't have to offer this service and I'm sure they have other benefits apart from the goodwill of helping us lot realise our dreams. I do think they could do a better job though, especially with profits like that. All I ask is an updated site/forum, which is on the way. When that arrives I'll want for nothing else from them.

Maybe I'm missing something, I have to admit I know little about the services and movements of Shell. What else do shell provide apart from this support forum and the awards?
Hey play, they have so many other schemes other than live wire, i only found this out after chatting to the exceutive director,wednesday night.
Here's a few of the shemes, shell springboard, shell step and shell education program that encourages young children to learn more about science!
Check out the link for more info on the other schemes http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?...ment_2005.html

I do think its amazing that they can give so much back to the community, more businesses should take note and do the same!
regards

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Connector
Interesting, they're into alot more than I thought. Thanks for the link and info, much appreciated.
Connector
yeah i didnt know that either!

Your welcome

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter