This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Brand identity

FYI; a good article on Brand identity on the BBC news website..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5036084.stm
Connector
Good post, some very good slogans out there. Thanks for the link.
Lets be friends
http://www.facebook.com/degrafik
Maven
Interesting stuff.

They use the Gillette "The best a man can get" in the graphic (presumably because their corporate shill ... I mean "celebrity face" ... is in the news right now), which is a **** slogan.

Personally, I think that, somewhere down the line, the idea of branding took a wrong turn and became tangled up with a lot of nonsense.

For me, the word "branding" should be dropped in favour of "positioning" which is generally a far more effective and reliable way of looking at developing corporate identity.

Steve
Connector
Brand awareness is one of the most important factors of marketing. In this day and age, people buy the brand, NOT the product.

popular logo's and slogans can be plastered on anything, any people will buy it if they know who made it. Not because of what it is, but because of WHO it is.
Connector
Yeah, that's sort of true. I buy alot of Prada clothes. Most people think I buy them because of the brand but the quality is the best I've found. They use rare materials and the designs are mostly unique. So I do actually buy prada for what it is, not who it is. I do understand what your saying but it's not the case sometimes.
Connector
Play!- what I meant was- if you could find a product of a very similar quality in Matalan, for much cheaper- a lot of people would still go for the Prada product because of its brand image.
Connector
Ahhh, sorry man, yeah, that 's true. I find people will often buy lower quality just because it has a brand name.