This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Web site critique

http://www.flyingcards.net/catalog/index.php

I need some feedback on my website and would appreciate forum members help. be as blunt as you like
Thanks
Paul
Connector
Initial thoughts where "nice site" but do find it very busy with a lot happening on the page and my eye jumping about a lot.

I really like the idea of the reminder service and the next occassion is in 3 days - maybe make more of these as they are tucked away. Also maybe highlight that they can do all their cards for the year in one go!

The bottom banner is also not very clear at all - had to wait for a while to see that it was a competition on the website rather than 3rd part advertising.

hope that helps,

DN
Connector
Nice site; I especially like the pacing teddy bear at the top

May I ask, who did the step-by-step flash animation, on how to place an order? it is really clever

Edited to add... one area that you may wish to change is your telebear number, as it is displayed differently at the top and bottom of the page.

Top is 00 44 (0) 1253 408777
Bottom is +01253 408777

Also, not all countries dial 00 to connect to an international number; I believe USA dial 011, and Australia dial 0011

Site Critique

Thanks for the feeedback, keep it comming
Paul
Connector
Hi

I like the fun aspect of the site but it is still quite professional. I would say the top description need a bit of work to make it look more professional as the info doesnt jump out at you.

Other than that top job. I would work on SEO from the start before you launch and I would list all the types of cards - eg the occasions on the main page instead of having one category for "greetings cards".

Good luck with the launch!
Thanks

Hi
Thanks to y'all for feedback keep it coming
Paul
Connector
Does anyone have an idea of how I could obtain or make a step-by-step flash animation to show a visitor how to do something?
IE, like the FlyingCard site has, which shows you how to place an order with them.

I would like to show my visitors how to register, use the search box etc..
Maven
I know you can do something similar using macromedia captivate to create interactive simulations and demonstrations.

You can get a free trial from http://www.adobe.com/products/captivate/
Connector
Thank you Sarah, your answer has helped loads

Exactly what I was after, and I have also found a GPL alternative called Camstudio http://www.camstudio.org/
Entrepreneur
Site is funky yet professional looking, gonna echo what others have said the phone number at the top of the page displays like this:

+ (0) 1253 408777

if its a UK number it should be +44 1253 408777

or 01253 408777

apart from that its a good looking site, there is quite a lot of space on the front page unused in the central frame. could possibly move your Whats new fram from left hand pane into central pane, there by giving more exposure to your new cards and products.

Apart from that i like the site, and have bookmarked for future use.

Good luck

Stephen
"Results? Why, man, I have gotten lots of results! If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is often a step forward...."
Connector
Stephen,

I think flyingcards was an 'ask and leave' member.
He may have left now, as he only posted in this thread asking for advice, and has not contributed anywhere else. It kind of annoys me he did not even bother answering my question I asked.