This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
PR Companies

Do you use one or do you own one??

if so roughly how much do they charge? I have been quoted 2k so far which I heard is the norm, however if there are some cheaper (and godd) ones about, please let me know

Thanks
Connector
The best PR company I know is :

http://www.10yetis.co.uk

Andy and Jill are members on here too. Take a look at the work they have done recently for their clients and you will see why I think they are the best around !

Hope it helps

Jacqui
Connector
I have heard alot of good comments about 10yetis.

I use PurpleProse at the moment website www.purpleprose.co.uk website is under construction at the mo.

They are doing all my press releases, newsletters etc etc

Professional, Creative & Tailor Made Events

www.LIEMA-EVENTS.co.uk

----------------------------------------------------------
NEWS - July 2006:
** Emma has an interview for The Apprentice week commencing 17th July 2006
Connector
Also...had to go and look up here web address....

Rachael, who is a mod on here. She does excellent PR too :

http://www.rpevents.co.uk

Jacqui
Banned
Aye they do sound good. I have spoken to them before and they seem to know their stuff like.

What is it you are trying to do? Some people don't need a PR company if you understand marketing. You can then save yourself that money to invest in marketing materials etc.

Best thing to do is test test test. Ask for them to do a short term contract so you can see the results and also try doing some of your own too. Always monitor what is coming in and how much you are spending.

The bet thing to do is make sure your PR company really understands you, your company and what you are trying to achieve. Work with them to get the best results.

Matt
Maven
mianly to get my name/brand out there, as much as I need the sales I need to get my business talked about first, give it some credibility, so many other fashion sites to compete with it's madness..

Anyhoo, thanks for your advice everyone, Matt what is your email addy, I wanted to pick your brains.

Cheers
Starting Out
hello

Andy at 10Yetis highly recommended
Entrepreneur
I used to use a company that will remain nameless. They charged around ฃ2k a month and were pretty rubbish.

We've been using Andy at 10 Yetis for months now - he charges a lot less than the other firm did and delivers a lot more.
Connector
Andy at 10yetis had agreed to work for me but then he just disappeared. He didn't get in contact on the day he said he would start work on the project and didn't respond to my emails. So I would not recommend him.

On the other hand, maybe it was fate because I'm now using Rachael and she's been great. So all is well in the end.

Affiliate Marketing Blog from Kieron
Connector
update your blog Kieron, I'm getting withdrawal syndrome
Connector
Modesty - a lot of people say you need a PR company to get yourself some media coverage etc and if you do it yourself you don't stand much of a chance ....

But I have been really surprised by one of our clients Blash - he's a singer and just released an album in Persian. He didn't have much of a budget so he just prepared some information about himself, his music and so on and sent it out to radio stations, relevant websites, newspapers, record labels.

He has had 2 interviews, one with BBC radio and another with a big persian radio station, he's had good articles in local newspapers and on websites, and has been contacted by major persian record labels and most importantly EMI !!

So it just goes to show, with a bit of guidance and push in the right direction (you can get loads of information from the web) you can achieve great results.

However - we all run businesses and if we all wanted to do all these things which others have the experience and skills to do then we wouldnt have the time to run our own businesses. So it really depends on how much time you have and what your budget is like.

Natalie

www.whichwebdesigncompany.co.uk
Be confident in your choice - Rate and review your web design company here!
Connector
Thats a good point but I guess its like everything, if you want a professional result - get a professional to do the job !

People can design their own websites, logos, write their own press releases, paint their own signs but in the end will the result and impact be the same as getting a professional of that trade or industry to do it ?

Just my opinion.

Jacqui ''
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by creacom

People can design their own websites, logos, write their own press releases, paint their own signs but in the end will the result and impact be the same as getting a professional of that trade or industry to do it ?
Yep - exactly what I was trying to say at the end - but your words are far better than mine.

It depends on what skills you already have. For example, if your writing, speaking skills are very good - then I think writing a press release shouldn't be too difficult as long as you get some guidance on the suggested format and so on.
If you have some knowledge of photoshop you may be able to design your own logo especially if you know exactly what you want. But of course we don't all have every single one of these skills - hence the need to work with other professionals.

Maven
Thats just it..I don't have the time, I do try and squeeze all these things in as much as I can.

I was explaining all this to someone the other day (not from here) and they were going on and on about how much time you have to put into it and what have you, and I totally agree, and as much as I hate raising the "im a single parent" card, I had to as he was going on and on about how little I must be doing as to why I am struggling with my marketing, no luv, its because I work best part of the day, have a kid that I raise totally alone and he will always come first (even though the main reason for me setting all this up is because of him)

So I totally agree with Elaborations & Creacom, I could try and do it myself but will get the results I am hoping for?? Problem is budget, I am happy(ish) to pay but can't afford the 1-3K I have been quoted.

I hope I win the lottery tonight!
Connector
do i have an email address modesty?