This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
Cleaning business

Hi all!
Im considering starting my own home cleaning business. The business would be fairly small and based in my home town. Does any one know if there any cleaning standards laws or anything that I would have to comply with in order to start a cleaning business? Do I need to have an NVQ in cleaning&hospitality or anything? Any help or advice would be great!

Thanx!

Amy

amy_m17@hotmail.com
Entrepreneur
If you can hoover a floor and polish cupboards well then thats the best qualifications you can have in that line of work. A member of my family started a similar business 2 years ago and now employs several people and has local clients who get their homes and offices cleaned and large corporate clients who require their sports stadiums to be cleaned after events.

If you're concentrating on home cleaning the main advantage you can have is good references from people of good stature and background, you will after all be going into people's homes and I know from experience that often a major part of getting work is persuading people that you can be trustworthy AND do a good job. Word of mouth is really your best advertisement.
Connector
Cleaning

I agree,

Is ther a few 'rich' estates where you live?
They are obvious first targets as they may contain executives who probably work all the hours god sends and has no time to clean house.
Make sure you sort out your public liability insurance before you start trading otherwise anything you damage or break wil be paid for by YOU!
Other than that there aint much to do other than buy your tools and market your servuices

Good Luck
Starting Out
Thank you for the possitive and helpful advice! If anyone thinks of anything else please let me know!

Thanx again!

Amy

amy_m17@hotmail.com
Connector
Good luck Amy... I hope it works out

Craig

Sam Walton - Founder of Wal-Mart