This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
thanks to everyone

hi all,
couple a days ago i posted about my problems about getting a business bank account due to a poor credit rating.

just wanted to thank everyone who posted,i dont have access to the net so i check emails etc when i can and i just wanted to say thanks.
i am still trying to an account opne and will let you know how i got on.

thanks again,
nicki.
hiya, maybe i'm a little late with offering assistance but i do my business banking through HSBC and Abbey, these two seemed only too happy to help with regards to opening a business banking account, HSBC also offered me the chance to apply for a business loan while i was there..
hope that helps.....
paul
Connector
heh, HSBC actually talked me into opening a business account. I wanted some money but they wouldn't give it to me. They called back a few months later to offer me what I wanted. I must admit they were quite uncooperative at first but then they must get quite a few jokers messing their accounts up within the first few months.

Is there any truth to the statement "computer says no". Or are there people who can make decisions these days?
I had the same problem to begin with!! Wouldn't even give me a temp overdraft. In a way though, I'm glad they didn't. I struggled, managed and in the end, didn't have to pay them a penny in bank charges!!

Paul

Guru
Quote:
Originally posted by Play!!
heh, HSBC actually talked me into opening a business account. I wanted some money but they wouldn't give it to me. They called back a few months later to offer me what I wanted. I must admit they were quite uncooperative at first but then they must get quite a few jokers messing their accounts up within the first few months.

Is there any truth to the statement "computer says no". Or are there people who can make decisions these days?
I think the National Australia Group - Yorkshire Bank and Clydesdale (off the top of my head might be wrong) are looking at having some banks that hark bark to an age where someone actually made a decision and got to know the clients. Obviously on paper sounds like a great idea but 'computer says no' seems to be the rule.