This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

entertainment agency

hi there,
I just started with my business plan for an entertainment agency. I have been doing some market research but there isn't that much information available. Can someone help me?
Connector
ok... what kind of things were you stuck on?

just general data on the subject...?
Where abouts you based? I had an entertainment agency once, so maybe could offer advice!!

Paul

Banned
What style of agency is it? I can certainly pass you on information about agencies and how much money etc they make per booking, but it does depend on the people that you are hiring out.

Matt
Agencies make 20% commission (actually it's usually 15%) of the booking fee.

There is are never any joining fees for the acts. There are a number of clauses you can put in your contract that will cover your acts going to other agencies within a certain period, but as mentioned above, drop me an email and I can pass on more info.

Also can recommend some GREAT software which can run your whole agency!! (unfortunatly not by itself, lol)

All the best

Paul

Agency Software

Quote:
Originally posted by paulmorrissey
Agencies make 20% commission (actually it's usually 15%) of the booking fee.

There is are never any joining fees for the acts. There are a number of clauses you can put in your contract that will cover your acts going to other agencies within a certain period, but as mentioned above, drop me an email and I can pass on more info.

Also can recommend some GREAT software which can run your whole agency!! (unfortunatly not by itself, lol)

All the best

Paul
Hi Paul - Im sorry if this is an old post but I wondered if you had any more info on the software for the entertainment agency? I have a sports agency and wondered if the software could be used for the same kind of thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Laura
Re: Agency Software

Quote:
Originally posted by hollyberry
Hi Paul - Im sorry if this is an old post but I wondered if you had any more info on the software for the entertainment agency? I have a sports agency and wondered if the software could be used for the same kind of thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Laura
Drop me an email and if you let me know what you do, then I can keep you in mind for future needs and also let you know if the software is worth using.

My email address is

Paul @ AquariusSupport.com

Without the spaces

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Paul

Entrepreneur
Hi laura

My fiancee works for a very big entertainment agency in Bristol (Portishead) JMA - the best way to start up in agency work is to get some good artist on your books. (Important)
Get yourself out to many of the showcases that have been put on around the country, this way you will be able to circulate your buisness to the right people.

Good Luck