This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
OT - itunes and The Beatles?!

Am I going nuts? I can't find any Beatles tracks on itunes? Is there is a reason or I am being thick? I was after the tune Magical Mystery Tour - any ideas? Thanks
Connector
Nope - they're not licenced to carry Beatles stuff. You're not losing your marbles! In fact there is nowhere you can legally download Beatles music.

Yet
Stationery-Direct.co.uk's Avatar Stationery-Direct.co.uk Stationery-Direct.co.uk is offline
Connector
No Radiohead either :-(
Connector
well I will go to the foot of our stairs! I find that so nuts, but thanks for telling me!
Maven
I can't remember exaclty why (but probably will later tonight!) but I believe its the result of a rift between their publishers and the itunes group - also with downloading becoming so big many publishers are still trying to sort out ownership of digital rights with download stores - so until it's agreed upon, you won't see them in the store...
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by onlinkmedia
I can't remember exaclty why (but probably will later tonight!) but I believe its the result of a rift between their publishers and the itunes group - also with downloading becoming so big many publishers are still trying to sort out ownership of digital rights with download stores - so until it's agreed upon, you won't see them in the store...
I think its to do with the rift between Apple Computers and Apple Corps (A Company setup by The Beatles) over the trademark battle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3610523.stm
Maven
Yeh thats the rift (or a major part of it), but as far as I'm aware the bands like radiohead being absent from the store is linked to the lack of digital rights (and possibly other small rifts between bands/publishers and companies)