This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
Need help with X-cart on fasthosts

Hi I really need some help. I am trying to install the demo of x-cart on my site which is hosted with fasthosts. However it seems as though it wont let me because php safe_mode is turned on. How do I turn the safe_mode off. If anyone has used x-cart please help me out, if fasthosts is not any good for it please recommend another host.

I appreciate any help. Thank you

Tahir

www.urbanretro.blogspot.com
Connector
You can't turn it on as it's a server side file and you can't have your own php.ini file either (well technically you can but not with 99.9999% of shared hosts)

Give me 5 mins as I've not heard of x-cart before and I'll whack it on my servers to see if I have any problems, don't think I will but I'll let you know in a bit...
Connector
Scratch that they don't have a demo license for me to install

Saying that the requirements here: http://www.x-cart.com/cart_system_requirements.html we can meet in full with our Windows Home plan: http://www.openmindhosting.co.uk/uk-...eb-hosting.cfm

If you decide to go ahead with us I'll even install it for you as I'm nice like that
Connector
You maybe able to turn it on depending on how Apache has been setup. Basically if AllowOveride All is allowed but I don't think it would be with Fasthosts. (Mind you when I was with oneandone.co.uk it did allow it.)

Try putting this in a file called .htaccess

php_value safe_mode "1"
Connector
Just to prove a point, took about 10 mins to install: http://www.openmindhosting.co.uk/xcart/home.php
Guru
Hey

Hey openmind are you using fasthosts. If not what are you using and how did you install it so quick
Connector
Shame on you!!!

I own my own servers and provide hosting services to people from all over the UK and further beyond. I also provide hosting for quite a few members of Shell
Guru
Hey openmind sorry about the silly comment as Im not paying attention as Im getting 2 stressed out.
I just had a look at your hosting package and it looks pretty good. I have got a 60 money back offer with fasthosts. Seeing as though x-cart was simple for you to install Im sure your hosting could be ideal for me. I will get in contact with you soon. Probably next monday to discuss more. Thanks a lot for your help.

Tahir

www.urbanretro.blogspot.com
Connector
No problem at all Tahir, glad I could help.

And listen, don't get stressed about this stuff, there is always someone around to help...
Guru
Good to know that people on shell are so helpful. Will try not 2 get 2 stressed. Thanks again