This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
Web site design, logo and stationary!

Hi guys,

In the process of launching a new venture and I'm looking for someone who can do all the above for me. Website is going to be fairly basic (10 page max) with no online ordering etc. If anyone wants to get back to me and I can give you more details etc.

Thanks
Andrew
Stationery-Direct.co.uk's Avatar Stationery-Direct.co.uk Stationery-Direct.co.uk is offline
Connector
You have mail
Guru
Hi,

This sort of end to end solution is what we're all about - have PM'd you.

Jon

fast full colour print - printing.com @ high tide

Email me for FREE samples and some great advice to promote your business
www.hightidemedia.co.uk
t: 0121 354 8001
Maven
I think my PM had been turned off but I'll be in touch in a couple of mins!
Connector
Hi Andrew,

I would be wiling to quote you if you would like to send me more information. www.fullphatdesign.co.uk

All The Best,

Martin
Connector
Have dropped you an e-mailed also
Maven
Hi Andrew,

I run a web design business, www.calmdesign.co.uk in Cardiff, and have also emailed you regarding your website needs.

all the best,

Coris
Connector
Re: Web site design, logo and stationary!

Quote:
Originally posted by amcphillips
Hi guys,

In the process of launching a new venture and I'm looking for someone who can do all the above for me. Website is going to be fairly basic (10 page max) with no online ordering etc. If anyone wants to get back to me and I can give you more details etc.

Thanks
Andrew
Hi Andrew,

I have sent you an email.
Maven
Out of interest (sorry to hijack thread) but when designers quote for sites..when you say 10 pages is that like a total number of pages altogether..so like when you get to the bottom of a page and it says next..that would count as 2 pages? or because its in the same frame and in the same tab it counts as one- sorry for being ignorant? Does that make sense?
Connector
Hi Andrew,

You can ask the guy who did my website, check it out below. His email address is breddah@gmail.com

www.opiumboutique.com
info [at] opiumboutique.com
Connector
Hi Andrew

Please email me with a more details and i can send a quote back to you.

Nathan
Guru
Quote:
Originally posted by pink_princess1uk
Out of interest (sorry to hijack thread) but when designers quote for sites..when you say 10 pages is that like a total number of pages altogether..
I don't know about the other designers here but I hate having to quote by the page and I don't. As web doesn't have the space constraints of print, clients try to cram war and peace onto one page. you probably want less text online not more and yet they'll try and do it anyway!

I work to a guide length where I'll say "up to 10 pages" during initial quoting, and then we'll agree an actual site map later on.

I then provide latitude either way because I'd rather set 2 or 3 simple extra pages for the same price then the client say "oh I'll just have 5 pages - that's half price isnt it?".

the thing to bear in mind is that a web project is front loaded in terms of cost - once you have the site map and a signed of story board your on a home stretch. Most of the work is done.

It's not that more pages doesn't equal more time, but it's more the case of the thought process for a 3 page website is the same as a 30 page one.

Another negative aspect of the "10 page" quote is that clients can get sidetracked by trying to create 10 pages when only 5 are needed. And they end up witha disjointed site as a result.

In short, 10 page quotes are a useful yard stick, but make sure you're getting a site designed that is logical and legible, and worry about the number of pages afterwards (as long as it's within your budget).

www.hightidemedia.co.uk
Maven
Quote:
Originally posted by hightide
I don't know about the other designers here but I hate having to quote by the page and I don't. As web doesn't have the space constraints of print, clients try to cram war and peace onto one page. you probably want less text online not more and yet they'll try and do it anyway!

I work to a guide length where I'll say "up to 10 pages" during initial quoting, and then we'll agree an actual site map later on.

I then provide latitude either way because I'd rather set 2 or 3 simple extra pages for the same price then the client say "oh I'll just have 5 pages - that's half price isnt it?".

the thing to bear in mind is that a web project is front loaded in terms of cost - once you have the site map and a signed of story board your on a home stretch. Most of the work is done.

It's not that more pages doesn't equal more time, but it's more the case of the thought process for a 3 page website is the same as a 30 page one.

Another negative aspect of the "10 page" quote is that clients can get sidetracked by trying to create 10 pages when only 5 are needed. And they end up witha disjointed site as a result.

In short, 10 page quotes are a useful yard stick, but make sure you're getting a site designed that is logical and legible, and worry about the number of pages afterwards (as long as it's within your budget).
Thanks for your reply. I was just wondering because soon we're gonna have to look at cost and we were hoping to have about 10 fad diets on there- with 1 page per diet so its not all squashed up and that's as well as all the other information we need to include!
Guru
sounds like around 10 pages is what you need then

in all seriousness you probably need around 13 when you allow for home page, contact page etc.

www.hightidemedia.co.uk