This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

Maven
Another business name suggestion thread! Sorry!

Hi newbie here!

Just finding my way around this site. I found it through www.moneysavingexpert.com where someone recommended it. I am just in the development stage of my business at the moment and I'm going to attend a business start up course at leeds met this summer.

I'm just having trouble coming up with a good name (don't we all!) haha. The business is a private dietetic consultancy. Firstly it would just start out online and then I would hope to be able to afford place to run the business from and do clinics. The website basically offers a lot of free advice- covering reviews on popular 'fad' diets- do they work etc. and there will also be a membership section where people pay a fee for personalised dietary advice online. The thing that sets this product apart from Weight Watchers etc. is that its tailored and as dietitians (I have a partner who is also a dietitian) we are experts in the field and can be trusted! The target audience however, is not just weight loss but also diabetes, IBS, sports nutrition etc...so I wouldn't want the name to reflect weight loss alone.
The only things I've shamefully come up with so far are:

MyDiet- which i think is simple and brandable but boring!
In the pink- which is used by various companies but not a nutrition based one as far as I'm aware.

Anyway, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated! But be gentle because I'm very new to all this! TIA
Maven
Incidently- I did not register in 1970 as my profile says!! Not quite sure how I managed that...I wasn't even born until 1983!
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by pink_princess1uk
Incidently- I did not register in 1970 as my profile says!! Not quite sure how I managed that...I wasn't even born until 1983!
haha... We all know women love to knock a couple of years off, but 7 years? ....come'on the wrinkles will tell

Just Kidding, the date is broken so everyone who registers (after the board was updated) has a 1970 date.

ok, here's my one for you....

Synergy <--- Means to bring together different things to create something better.

Totality <--- Like above, bring together to make one... Or means not holding back...

"Synergy Dietetic Consultants"

I dunno... random guessing really, but think about what you want your business to portray, and find words which describe it.
Maven
Thanks for those ideas- they sound quite corporate and i wanted something a bit more short and catchy! I will mention them to my business partner though- any other thoughts welcome!
Connector
Hi,

The one thing I wil add, is not to confuse your business name with a trademark.

WeightWatches is a trademark, and their business name is Weight Watchers UK Limited <-- very corporate sounding!
Connector
Dietize
Connector
Skinny4Life.co.uk

It is currently available

Lifetime link in the footer to Free Local Classifieds if you use it

James

Free Business Advertising | UK Business Directory
Local Business Directory | UK Business Directory | Free PC Tools
Lifetime Links | Cooking Recipes | Dessert recipes | 10,000 directories
Connector
being in a related indusutry (fitness) obvioussly what you eat is just as imprortant as ohw you train.

Personally I really liked the MyDiet name - if you can get the domain that is.

I would be interested in hearing more about your business, perhaps we could even colaborate comwhere down the line. I was thinking about adding some recipes to my fitness archives for people to use.

I was born in '83 too so thats cool.

say hi sometime

cam@cameroncaine.co.uk

Cam
Maven
Thanks for your replies guys and girlies!! I checked out MyDiet as a trademark and some crazy farmer in slovenia is using it I think!!! How annoying!
Cam..future affiliation would be a possibility! When we have developed the idea further I can get in touch!

I love skinny4life !! Except I don't want it to focus on weight loss because we are targeting all aspects of diet so for example elite or recreational athletes might use us....I don't think it sets the right image! But something catchy like that would be great! Please put your thinking cap on again James!
Connector
what about:
Diet Lifestyle
Maven
Thanks for your 2 suggestions Nick- sorry I didn't mention you in my last post! I will mention them to my partner- although I'm not sure the second one is catchy enough- sorry for continually using that word!
Connector
what about appediet?

kinda like appetite :P

hahaha your slogan could be:

with an appetite for d......ieting!