This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
Online Gaming / communal or alone.

i have a question. wo those of you who play games online or even console games. do you prefer playing these games on your own in the confines of your own home. or in a communal setting ie. gaming centre/ cyber cafe type setting.
Maven
Hi

It depends really, I am now 24 but if I was with a group of friends then I may want to go to go to a cyber cafe, especially if they sold food/drink etc, and also you can make as much noise as you like !!

If I am playing by myself, then I would prefer to be at home to be honest.

We used to have a computer games shop where I live a few years back where round the back they had a room with a load of consoles and screens with the latest games, and it was constantly packed out, especially with school kids, we all loved it.

Not sure if this helps or not.

Thanks
Matt Street
2cSouthend
UK Mobiles
UK Ringtones
Starting Out
In all honesty I prefer playing within the comforts on my own home.

I do a lot of on-line gaming, some with friends involved, and we all do it from our own homes. It's cheaper, you have no travelling, all your home comforts, food and drink at hand that is free and when you're done you just shut down and go to bed or do whatever else.
Guru
Well i could do it from home but i dont have the time to play to justify setting it all up.

But a comunal place to play games have a beer and some food on pc's or playstations would be ace.

Il be your first customer
Connector
Yeah, one thing to also consider is not everyone can participate in onlime gaming due to their connections. I know i live in an area where broadband is not available (yet - im trying my hardest to get people to register!) so im currently on 56k, this limits the online games i can play. I think a lot of people are in a situation where they cannot play from home - also their pc's might not be good enough for the graphics, whereas if you were running somehwere like that you wud keep the computers well upto date.

Another plus, like mentioned, is that it could be a place to chillout and have a few drinks maybe, whilst having a laff with your mates.
Connector
X-Box

Hi, i bought an X-Box and i must admit i dont like single player that much..But now broadband is coming to me soooooon i cant wait to play online in my big fat armchair!!!

Suppliers of fresh chips and peeled potatoes to the trade.
www.edimachipsltd.co.uk
Maven
I love to play games to "de-stress", i own an Xbox and Playstation , a local games company holds tournaments down the pub and other venues on large screens, they always have large turn outs !!!

Off topic a friend has set up a forum for gamers recently, join and have a chat about games he needs the the members

Game Wizards

Regards
info@chilleddesign.com

http://www.chilledhosting.com