This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
advertising - radio

I'd like to make a jingle to advertise my business on local radio - how do you do it?
Connector
get an annoying person to shout loudly down a microphone, then ring your radio station.

or try: www.spacecity.co.uk
Connector
I know someone who does this - drop me an email and I'll dig his details out

Nicola@allwords.co.uk
Guru
What area are you in?
Entrepreneur
hounslow
Connector
on this topic anyone spoke to any national stations and got prices - had a meeting with KISS recently so interested to compare quotes
Guru
Radio advertising in the Greater London area can unfortunately prove to be prohibitively expensive to all but big businesses, but generally, your local radio station should have a Creative Services Department who work closely with the sales team and can write your jingle and arrange for it to be recorded (usually by a production house).

One thing to ask about when speaking to the salesperson at your radio station is what their listening figures are for the area you want to advertise in - the cost is pretty much directly related to the RAJAR figures.

I would recommend letting the creative team at your local station write your ad and jingle - they tend to have a good handle on what will work in your area.

(and yes, I do work for a radio station )
Connector
hey stoop - I gota quote of 2500 for the production of a 30 second jinggle - how does that compare to the market average?

Txs!
Guru
It's KISS London, isn't it? If so, that's not all that bad..
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by jklondon
hey stoop - I gota quote of 2500 for the production of a 30 second jinggle - how does that compare to the market average?

Txs!
Is this for just 30 sec on a one off occasion or you get several 30sec slots. Just my curiosity!
Guru
That should be for a campaign - a few spots per day for a week or so...
Maven
If you want to make your own ad I would stongly advise you to get the sation's creative/production department to produce it for you.

Ask the station that you are looking to advertise on how much they charge. There are plenty of production companies that can undercut them as many station groups are now outsourcing the production to the same production companies...

We sell professionally recorded 30 second voiceovers to our customers for 50.00 for use on phone systems. For ads they will charge more due to the extra prodction work required.

Jamie