This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
Bad February

Hello all

I was just wondering how your February's are going. After a cracking January, Feb is **** so far and I don't know why. We've got the usual sponsored words on Google and Yahoo, been doing DM by flyering at events and shopping centres, relavant mag ads and comps, mailouts from databases as various odds and sods and it's just sooo slow. I wanted to see if any other retailers are having this problem...
Connector
Hi Showgirl,
Yeh i noticed quite a big slow down, in january we were doing well, and it seems february alot slower, i guess people are recovering after spending all there money in the january sales.
Jon
Connector
Sales are low for me too, so I can relate. As they say things can only get better...

Princess

serenegoddess (@) hotmail.co.uk
Maven
I heard a lot of companies have seen the same in Feb.

A report I read a while ago said it is a lul from the xmas and new year sales rush, where people are trying to recover from spendings o much as jon said, so feb is traditionally a 'slow' month.

Dave
Guru
So it's not just me then - phew! Just gotta roll with it and get lots of other stuff done before the big rush starts again!! Roll on March then ay....
Connector
We too have been slow both online and offline.

I think people are still getting the credit card bills in and as a result are pulling in the purse strings.

Lets hope it picks up soon!

Raspberry-Bloom Jewellery Design
Connector
I have definitely noticed a drop of searches for a lot of our google adwords terms which are run nationwide and a coinciding increase in searches for the terms which relate to 'costs' and 'prices' which suggests to me at any rate, that people are holding off and that price is definitely much more of an issue than was the case even a month ago.
...and generally speaking the customers who are so keen to hone their costs down to the last penny are not the 'best quality' of customers to have either !

January was very good for us but the first couple of weeks of Feb have been a lot quieter than this time last year,although we picked up strongly again this week. (Swings and roundabouts)

It's all coming home to roost now,Gordon !
Connector
Jan was a bit of a nightmare but Feb has been OK. Had to offer discounts to kickstart sales around the end of Jan and it worked out just nice. Everything should be back to normal in March.