This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
Our first attempt at viral marketing...

We decided to have a crack at creating our own video last night. I'm not sure how funny it is too others... it's always funnier when it's yourself involved!

We added in some random things like a tin of macaroni cheese on the table, orange socks, size 18 trainers etc. This is our first attempt though so I guess there is a lot of room for improvement!

Here is the video, would love to hear what you think - good or bad!

http://studentunion.co.uk/stu_left.p...&su=view&id=18

Thanks
Connector
interesting idea, at one stage I saw the face of te "legs" though.

far too long though, if you want to grab people's attention, it needs to be 30-60 seconds.
Starting Out
Thanks defuzz.

You're right - I may have a go at editing it today to shorten it. I don't think it'll look any good... worth a try though! It's definitely something to bear in mind next time.

Also, the "head of the legs" is visible a few times unfortunately.

Anymore feedback?
Love the Vid, but as defuzz siad, a little too long!!

Also noticed something else! on you agony uncle page, there is a question from someone who's girlfriend has tourettes syndrome and that he is worried about introduction to the parents!!

Well the answer that has been given is something to do with STI's!! You wanna change that!! lol

All the best

Paul

Connector
really cool. a little too long but cool.
what software did you use to make the intro cause that looks really professional and I'd like to do something better for the intros for my videopods.

If you havent already stick it up on iTunes - you will get loads of views

Cam
Connector
Yep, I agree with the above that its a bit long. However, the beauty of viral marketing is that you can just circulate it and the audience will decide if its any good or not.

From all of the viral campaigns that i've seen the following tend to spring to mind:

a) make it funny
b) make sure someone gets (or appears to get) hurt
c) if you can achieve b, a tends to follow

d) Sex sells. A gorgeous model will make sure that it circulates peoples inboxes for a while.
Connector
lol, so thats what you students spend your time doing? shouldnt you be studying? no wonder this country is going down hill, hahaha
Starting Out
Sorry for the slow response!

I'm glad that most of you liked the video. The general response has been very good which makes it all worthwhile! Quite a few people have said that it's a bit too long so we'll bare that in mind when we do the next one... whatever that may be!

Cameron, I'm please you liked the intro. It was created using a piece of software called 3dmax. Feel free to message me if you want more info / help.

Thanks