This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

New Product Assistance

Hi all we are looking at a project at the moment and as part of it we need to do some research as to what new products people would like to see on sale at their local convenience stores.. Any ideas, help, advice, would be appreciated.

Many Thanks...
New Product Assistance

Hi All - just to let you know the sort of products we are looking at are gadgets torches, promo giftts etc
Connector
Hi,

I'm sruggling with the concept. When you say convenience stores do you mean the local corner shop?

If thats the case I can never see myself going there to buy gadgets, I just wish they would stock skimmed milk and deliver my paper on time.

Cheers
Lee
Connector
I am guessing you are looking to enhance a convenience stores, to Lee yes this could be called a corner shop, non food offering. I have noticed a few of them now doing irons and kettles and I think flashlights might be a good starting point its the kind of thing that sells anywhere. For you Lee how about a machine that skims the full fat milk!
Connector
What a fabulous world we live in when you can have a gadget that converts full-fat into skimmed milk.

Seriously though, it will be much easier just to go to the supermarket, I just like to try and help small independent shops.

I'm sure that a small POS holding 'mag-lites' and useful gadgets could work. Kettles, Irons? I just don't see it, but hey I'm only one customer out of many million (although again the supermarkets are all over this space - did I see an advert for Tesco selling an Iron for £5!!!!!!)
Maven
i'm trying to think of something that they don't already sell. It would have to be something you need in an emergency or at least cannot wait till your proper weekly shop. Most people just use these corner shops now to just top up their main shopping as they are always so much more expensive than the supermarkets.

So, batteries, first aid stuff, torches and candles in case of power cuts, scissors....but they all seem to do this stuff already.

Perhaps little DIY/repair stuff, duct tape, screws, superglue etc?
New Product Assistance

How about a mini digital camera for a similar price to a disposable one, MP3 etc or travel items?