This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
E-Magazine

I have been toying with my magazine idea for a while now and its definitely going to be hard to run in terms of cost for print runs, circulation etc.
Does anyone know anything about web magazines are they any cheaper to run? I have thought I could make profit by putting business ads on as I have alot of links.

Basically how do you get the ball rolling!
Connector
Re: E-Magazine

Quote:
Originally posted by MoneyGreen
I have been toying with my magazine idea for a while now and its definitely going to be hard to run in terms of cost for print runs, circulation etc.
Does anyone know anything about web magazines are they any cheaper to run? I have thought I could make profit by putting business ads on as I have alot of links.

Basically how do you get the ball rolling!
If your talking web magazine, thats very similar to just having a website, although of course there are many advantages to this, but also some disadvantages!

The most important advantage being that it will be cheaper in materials, although you may need to pay a web designer, you will need hosting etc, but overall likely to be less than printing a full magazine.

Main disadvantage would be that there will probably be a few similar websites already out there now, maybe try searching on www.google.co.uk to see whats out there.

What's the e-mag going to focus on?
Starting Out
Thanks for your reply, the web mag will be on urban street culture so stuff like music features (we are actually quite strong in this area as we have some good links in the music biz), Fashion,Sports and some very inventive features which I cant disclose yet. Our main aim is to finally get our idea into print after generating interest over the web.

Once again Kris Thanks for your help.
Connector
That sounds like a very good way to go about it, in my opinion.

Hope it all goes well, and if theres anything i can help you out with drop me a line!

Kris