This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
weekly planners

As I'm rubbish with software I thought I'd ask all the bright sparks on here for help.

I'm terrible with time management-not even a day to day planner is helping.

After thinking back to my GCSE days, I've figured a hour by hour timetable on my office wall will be a better idea than anything else I can think of or consider!

Does anyone have any templates for a similar planner they can e-mail me?

I've "asked jeeves" for some templates and he came up with a load of ones that are like a diary sheet rather than a timetable (that make sense?!).

So, if anyone can help me, please do send me a template to orders@serenegoddess.com

Also, before anyone suggests designing my own, I have tried and I can honestly say my 1 & 1/2 year old niece can do so much better!!!

Princess

serenegoddess (@) hotmail.co.uk
Connector
Once again I'm suggesting Microsoft Outlook 2003... (maybe previous versions can do this too)

Open Outlook...

From the side choices Task bar, choose Calendar...

Pick "Day View" (top quick menu bar), then click File, Print. (You can also do this in the Printer Options)

You can choose from Daily (by the hour), Weekly, Monthly, style printouts and if you use Outlook for appointments they too can be printed.

Hope that helps.

regards,

Martin
Connector
I saw a thing on TV some time ago where a business was managing time by splitting up hours into 2 blocks. They called them blocks of time, each one is half hour. I tried this and was pretty supprised by the results. This is the way I do it now. I have a whiteboard which Ive seperated into blocks with some thin black tape. I use different colours for different types of work and a little description below the block/s for what needs to be done. Once the task is complete I wipe the block/s and find something else to go there. I try to keep most of the blocks full with something to do. This way I have a visual way of seeing how long things take and what needs to be done. I do each one depending on how much time I have. Its sort of like a visual to do list. At first its hard to determine how much time you will need for a task but you get better over time. If it starts to get a little empty I start to get worried. Hope that makes some sence to you.