This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Starting Out
Packaging Supply & Delivery Companies - help needed

Hi,

I'm wondering is anyone has any advice on packaging supply & delivery companies:

I've recently started up an art business, I'm currently selling on ebay but am planning to launch a web site in the next few months to expand the business.

I'm having two problems at the moment one is with packaging the work, at the moment its taking me over 1hr to wrap each painting for postage. I'd ideally like to have a custom sized box that I can ship the paintings in.

The paintings I'm selling are in two specific sizes 100cm x 100cm x 4.5cm and 100cm x 80cm x 4.5cm, at the moment I'm selling around 4 per week, I anticipate increasing this to 10 per week by the end of the year. At the moment I've tried e-mailing a couple of packaging companies but has so far not heard anything I think it's because the order size is relatively small.

The other problem is with the delivery of the paintings, at the moment I'm using Parcel Force which is ok for UK delivery but not too great for international delivery due to the tracking and compensation issues. I'm finding it very hard to find delivery companies which will deliver large items, I'd like to sell even larger paintings in the future but need a delivery company that will deliver them.

Has anyone got any contacts for delivery companies and packaging supplies that could help me out or any other advice would be appreciated?

Thanks,

Oscar