This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Connector
Delivery Courier or Post? Costing etc

Ok, I bet you've answered this question a milllllion times before! I've looked through the threads but wanted some more information.

Here's my situation- new business start up going to be selling online.. as in eccommerce- ha wish me luck!

Anyway, I'm going to be selling eco friendly and locally produced products. Not thinking i'll be sending loads to start with, but i really need a reliable courier.

How would you go about pricing postage on items, the website has an automatic way of calculating weight at checkout, and can incoperate into Royal Mail, but having heard so much bad news about them, and the overall cost for next day if over 1kg seems it maybe a bad option?

I May have one or two lines with glass in, not sure.

Also ive just joined the FSB - to make use of the very good rates of the Merchant account they do, anyone know if its worth checking there for couriers?

Any suggestions really, really appreciated

Cheers!

Drew