This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
How to get the attention of retailers?

Our product is a particular type of lingerie solving a common problem amongst women. It already exists online as a custom made bra but we have thought of a simple solution that means it can be mass produced and sold on the High Street. We have been looking into department stores who stock a number of brands i.e. Debenhams, House of Fraser, BHS, John Lewis, Selfridges. The missing link however, is how to get the attentions of these retailers. I have looked into possible events/ exhibitions that meant we could get their attention, but I have had no such luck.

We are members of a number of enterprising networks- do you think that we will find contacts over time? Or should we be more pro-active in looking? I am writing to ask your advice- are there any events or networks that would get us closer to retailers? there must be some sort of closed purchasing exhibition or event. How do companies traditionally get the attentions of retailers?

Your response would be very gratefully received!
Thank you for your time,

Kind regards,

Michaela Ellison