This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Entrepreneur
Clothing store!

There's no doubt i'm a talented artist, however I simply cannot create garments that would meet customer needs. However it is a strong deisre of mine to work within the fashion industry, lately I've been looking for inspiration for a business idea.

My latest proposal was an online clothing store (aquiring a property when suitable). The company would operate on the basis of giving new artists/ fashion designers the chance to sell their work!

A small amount of market research has been conducted in Newcastle Upon Tyne. The market research I conducted was showing shoppers (presumably) some artwork and some garments created by a number of talented designers and asking what they thought of the designs, saleability, prices, etc etc. typical basic market research questions.

2 people actually asked if we could sell them one of the t-shirts we had on us. We decided against the idea because we had no permission from the artist!

The idea gives the artist the chance to promote/sell their artwork without starting their own business, promoting their products, offering customer service etc.

what ya'll think?