This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
O/T Fundraising Advice Please

Hi

Sorry for this being off topic but need some advice.

My 7 yr old and 4 yr old son's would like to make some handmade cards and gifts and all the money raise would go to my local premature baby unit at the hospital.

Would i need to contact someone at the unit to arrange everthing before they start selling the items.

Also would we need to contact the inland revenue as this is not business related.

Thanks for any help.

Web: www.inspirational-memories.co.uk
Email.: info@inspirational-memories.co.uk

Santa Keys and Personalised Santa Poems Now on Sale

10% OFF Quote - SHELL LIVEWIRE
Connector
You don't have to but you certainly should contact someone from the childrens unit as they may have particular procedures and can prob help too.

As for inland revenue, no, provided all the proceeds go to charity - but that's another good reason to involve the unit as they can advise what you need to do.
gibbsy
ive done things for charity before such as a parachute jump for sue ryder care homes. I find it best to contact them first so they are aware you are using their name and they can also publicise the fact that you are trying to raise money for them. They normally have people who can advise on publicity etc...It also helps reassure people you are actually doing it for the charity involved as there are some sickos out there that proffit from saying they are collecting for charity.

Good luck to your sons. perhaps ask the mods as its for charity wether you can publicise the sales on the forum im sure you would get some good sales from us lot.