This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
sexy lingerie

Please what is usp.

I am currently doing by market reserach for lingerie in the uk and wholesellers and how to contact America wholesellers for help.

Please help
Connector
Re: sexy lingerie

Quote:
Originally posted by nike
Please what is usp.

I am currently doing by market reserach for lingerie in the uk and wholesellers and how to contact America wholesellers for help.

Please help
USP = Unique Selling Point

Don't start new threads for replies to your own thread as it clogs up the board.

By the sounds of it you are already way out of your depth and need to get a basic understanding of importing otherwise you will seriously come unstuck.

You can't just start importing lingerie and expect the stores to start to stock it. To get a new range into Debenhams, M&S etc you will need an amazing product, have trade prices, be able to demonstrate you have logistics in place to supply them and be prepared to make virtually no money in order to give them the mark up they need, this means supplying in high volume - i.e. high financial risk on your side if you don't have terms setup with your supplier.

Oh, and most lingerie will come from factories in Turkey, China and India.

Hope that helps.

Steve
Connector
Ditto to what Steve wrote. As far as I am aware, speaking as a women alot of companies start small-e.g. stocking little boutiques and then up their game when they have a reputation to "sell with". If you don't have a unique thing to sell, would you really be able to pitch yourself to potencial clients well??

Big stores may look fab and getting just one contract would be fab for you but you need to remember all shops look at profit-why sell something that won't make them loads and also quality. The bigger the store, the bigger the rep the more pressure there is to get quality and interesting things.

And excuse me if I'm wrong, but are you not the Nike who wanted to do something with mens grooming products? You don't half want to take on the big fish do ya

And why didn't you just reply to youe post before...did I miss something?

Princess

serenegoddess (@) hotmail.co.uk