This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
Any Professional Copywriters Out There?

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any copywriters out there who could review my sales copy to see if it is suitable for a direct mail campaign?

I also may seek work with pay later on!

Cheers,

Abz
Connector
Abz

Pop it over to me - can't promise to look at it immediately but will get to it asap.

nicola@allwords.co.uk
Banned
If you send it to me I will read it to see if you have missed any points off that I would add. Please send me the details of the your business, what you are trying to do and the copy.

Matt
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by nicolaca
Abz

Pop it over to me - can't promise to look at it immediately but will get to it asap.

nicola@allwords.co.uk
Hi Nicola,

I was just about to recommend you, I've heard you are really good
Guru
Quote:
Originally posted by MK Printing
If you send it to me I will read it to see if you have missed any points off that I would add. Please send me the details of the your business, what you are trying to do and the copy.

Matt
I am trying to sell self improvement or more like advancement and franchise opportunity packages via direct mail.

Abz
Connector
Am I right in thinking this copy is already up on the web?

Looking at it you have all the correct elements of a long copy sales letter for the web - they are pretty formulaic and you have got all the necessary bits and bobs in the right order.

The easiest way to see if your copy will work is to do split testing - try another version with different headlines, ps etc.

For the UK market I would also suggest trying a less americanised shorter version in split testing.
Guru
Quote:
Abz

The copy you sent to me is from a website here:

http://www.ignoredskills.co.uk/

Is this your website?
Yep, I have a financial interest in that site. Site is going to be redone with a new fresh of life when someone gets the copy shaped up a bit.

Cheers

Abz
Connector
Abz

Having worked on a couple of long copy online based projects you really need to do split testing to see which headlines etc work best for your intended market and product.

Any reason you have gone with long copy?

Nic
Guru
Quote:
Abz

Having worked on a couple of long copy online based projects you really need to do split testing to see which headlines etc work best for your intended market and product.

Any reason you have gone with long copy?

Nic
My mentor, a Mr Andrew Reynolds (www.andrew-reynolds.com) told me that long copy sells, short copy don't.
He also said that the length of the copy doesn't matter if it is interesting, he himself is famous for using 12-20 page long sales letters.

I hope that helps, what I intend to do is a mailshot directing people to the site (which is in the process of being password protected), hence the copy to clinch the sale.

Abz
Connector
The long copy vs short copy debate will rage long after I've stopped being a copywriter.

There is absolutely no doubt that long copy works - sometimes, for some markets, for some products. There is research that supports both sides of the argument.

If you are going to go down the long copy route then it must be long copy that contains specific information, good reasons to act and doesn't have a shred of boring content.

Long copy will probably only interest those that are already interested in the product and so are looking to fulfill their quest for knowledge. If I'm not already interested in your product then long copy is no more likely to convince me than short copy.

If I was you I'd be inclined to try it on a test market and then make changes (if needed) based on response.
Guru
Quote:
The long copy vs short copy debate will rage long after I've stopped being a copywriter.

There is absolutely no doubt that long copy works - sometimes, for some markets, for some products. There is research that supports both sides of the argument.

If you are going to go down the long copy route then it must be long copy that contains specific information, good reasons to act and doesn't have a shred of boring content.

Long copy will probably only interest those that are already interested in the product and so are looking to fulfill their quest for knowledge. If I'm not already interested in your product then long copy is no more likely to convince me than short copy.

If I was you I'd be inclined to try it on a test market and then make changes based on response.
Well I was told to build that interest and excitement with the headline. Thats why we will target specific mailing lists where people have an interest in such a course.

I've been to many seminars by those so called Internet Marketing Gurus and they seem to say the same sort of thing.

Now I am confused?
Connector
Confused?

Long copy should work well for you if you have a mailing list that is already interested in your product.

What I'm saying is that long copy doesn't always work and there has been a debate raging on for years as to which works better. Just look at some of the most successful sales based websites - amazon and ebay - minimal copy.

You may need to try different headlines, sub headlines and calls to action to elicit the response you are looking for.

Have a look at this website which covers most of the pertinent points in relation to long copy vs short copy on the web:

http://www.marketingexperiments.com/...hort-copy.html