This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Banned
Example of a long copy advert

Hello

I have had 4 e-mails this afternoon from people just asking me what long copy is. Copy is text, so long copy just means a lot of text.

The more you can tell your prospects about your product or service, the more you can sell without having to actually talk to them. This marketing does the selling for you and it clones you, therefore taking less of your time.

Also giving people a lot of information about something they are interested in builds up a relationship and shows you to be professional and an expert.

Take a look at an advert I did today here http://[snip]

I could have just put buy 250 and get 250 free, instead I did a long copy advert. As you can probably tell I am not the best writter in the world but I am honest and genuine and this is what I hope comes across.

I really suggest others take an approach like this, just test it out and see what happens. I think you will be shocked.

Matt
Connector
Sailing a little close to the wind with regards to the rules with that one mate.

Please by all means post your knowledge, but don't post "example adverts" unless they are fictitious.

regards,

Martin
Banned
Martin

I totally understand and I was not doing it for self promotion.

When people ask me for advise I have to back it up with results and my own marketing. What I wanted to show people here was that I actually use my own marketing stratagies.

Matt
Connector
Here is a sample of long copy

http://www.adam-eason.com/products/t...rselfThin.aspx

(This isn't my product or copy but I have written long copy sales letters).

One note of caution is that long copy is good for selling but not great for generating leads or giving information.

The long copy vs short copy argument (that's say 10 pages vs 1 page) has been rambling on for years. Long copy works, sometimes, for some markets and for some products. Just be aware it isn't a one fit solution. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that by sending 10 page letters to all your customers every month you will increase sales.
Guru
I always find that long copy looks and feels like an american sales technique, and that british sensibilities might be put off

HOWEVER

once you've got someone a few para's in it's very powerful - I've been caught by them myself a few times

what's strange is that they break pretty mugh every usability. legibility and design rule that I was taught at uni and that I have taught when I've been training people in web design.

fast full colour print - printing.com @ high tide

Email me for FREE samples and some great advice to promote your business
www.hightidemedia.co.uk
t: 0121 354 8001
Banned
Yes I agree, long comp is more American then British. However if you send someone who qualifies to buy your product or service and the copy is informative and interesting then there is a very good chance that people will read the whole thing.

Just look at my posts on here, they are very long yet people read them. I get e-mails every single day from people on this forum thanking me for the information and some people even say they keep them and even print them out!

I will always say this, educate your customers in the benefits of your product or service. You do this be fully explaining what the benefits are by the use of long copy.

Again test test test, do a long copy advert and a short copy, then track the results.

Matt