This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
What should and shouldn't be allowed?

First off I'm not looking for any arguments. I thought it would be useful to decide what we think should and shouldn't be allowed to be posted.

Mark, I apologise for the way I acted and hope that we can draw a line under it and forget about it now?

Recently there have been cases where people have been accused of spamming by recommending someone who had provided a great service because it wasn't in response to a request for such service.

We have now seen a case where recruiting for a new venture could also be seen as against the rules as it actively promotes a persons own site which will give them a financial benefit.

Judging whether someone can post certain things based on their post count and time as a member gives the wrong image to me personally. It creates a cliquey environment and puts people off joining in.

Should there be a separate area to post offers etc such as ukbusiness forums?

Open for debate.........
Connector
Last time this was "discussed" a prominent and valuable member of the forum left.

http://www.shell-livewire.org/forums...threadid=11605
Maven
oops.....probably shouldn't have posted this then! I remembered some discussion but couldn't find it! Didn't realise it was only a few days ago too!

Mods feel free to close this thread
Guru
Im sorry but Ive only been posting regularly on the board a few days and posts like these are already getting really tiresome.

IMO if you dont like a thread dont post in it and let the mods do their job.

www.entertainazine.co.uk
Well I have to add that amcphillips comments on posts are getting tiresome!!

He just seems to be out for a petty argument, posting cr@p on genuine enquiries! I know I don't bring much to the forum, but posting responses like SPAM to obvious spam postings ain't a problem (in my opinion), but replying with answers like he has been to people who are obviously in distress with an enquiry is pathetic!!

amcphillips you've been warned already on a past thread by a moderator that your responses were not right, so TAKE HEED!!

Paul

P.S. Hope that makes sense!!

Connector
LOL, how can someone 'leave' a forum, haha

sorry, but I find it amusing, most of these posts shouldn't be taken to heart IMO
Connector
well he doesn't post anymore does he? lol
Maven
Quote:
Originally posted by paulmorrissey
Well I have to add that amcphillips comments on posts are getting tiresome!!

He just seems to be out for a petty argument, posting cr@p on genuine enquiries! I know I don't bring much to the forum, but posting responses like SPAM to obvious spam postings ain't a problem (in my opinion), but replying with answers like he has been to people who are obviously in distress with an enquiry is pathetic!!

amcphillips you've been warned already on a past thread by a moderator that your responses were not right, so TAKE HEED!!

Paul

P.S. Hope that makes sense!!
I'd like you to provide examples of that. Other than the post from yesterday then provide me with some proof.
Don't take it too much to heart! you're not the only one!!

Paul

Connector
Right either this discussion stays on topic i.e. what should or shouldn't be allowed or it gets locked. End of story.

Amazing as this may seem, Natasha and I actually run real businesses and moderate Shell as and extra commitment. To be totally truthful it's getting extremely tiresome from my point of view having to spell out whats right and whats not all the time.

I've already emailed Sharon with some ideas about how to improve the current situation so we can move forward from there.

I've publicly stated in the past if you are not happy with the content of a post then to email a mod. I can't speak for Sharon or Natasha but I have not received one single complaint! People have just decided to continue to take it upon themselves to add their "two pence" to the thread.

I don't want to see this place turn into a free for all bickering session every two minutes and I'm 110% sure neither do all it's members.
Connector
personally i am to busy to even be bothered moaning on other peoples threads or even thinking about it.

Everyone should be posting business ideas, business questions and help for others and getting on with running their business, if not you have to much time on your hands and your business will suffer,
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by TheJoshM
well he doesn't post anymore does he? lol
It's been a few days and if you remember he had a long spell off the forum and it seemed to run just fine. If you want an Adam fan club why don't you join his business forum!!

these comments are sooo boring. in my opinion the forums should be about sharing information and helping people in their businesses. If thats reccomending someone then great, if its helping someone solve a problem great.

there are moderators, they do good job.

lets stop these threads because they don't turn into a discussion they just end up with arguments and have been done to death.

.....move on!
Connector
round 2, *ding ding*
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by Rachael
It's been a few days and if you remember he had a long spell off the forum and it seemed to run just fine. If you want an Adam fan club why don't you join his business forum!!

these comments are sooo boring. in my opinion the forums should be about sharing information and helping people in their businesses. If thats reccomending someone then great, if its helping someone solve a problem great.

there are moderators, they do good job.

lets stop these threads because they don't turn into a discussion they just end up with arguments and have been done to death.

.....move on!
I agree in full

to be honest I am starting to feel as though I do not want to log on.

I see a topic I may be interested in and there is always someone moaning about it or complaining.

If you dont want to do something do you do it, NO! So if you dont want to read something then dont.

Replying with silly comments is boring and spoils it for others.

This is a business forum not a chat and bitch forum.

I see no harm in recomending companies that you feel have good sevice but maybe keep it only in response to a request for information.

Maybe the design of the board could be changed so instead of one forum maybe have different "forums/rooms" that people can make recomendations as and when they want. It then gives all members the choice as to whether they want to look in that forum etc then (do you all get me?)

You could have:
- Company Recomendations (recommend those who have done good business)
- Website reviews (post here to get ur site reviewed)
- Business related queries (all general things on forum normally)
- Business offers (need partners affiliates etc)
- Off topic

Professional, Creative & Tailor Made Events

www.LIEMA-EVENTS.co.uk

----------------------------------------------------------
NEWS - July 2006:
** Emma has an interview for The Apprentice week commencing 17th July 2006