This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by kinster
I think you need to go to http://www.moneysavinexpert.com to sort out your finances
I totally agree with Kinster, you got to be visiting that site everyday, picking up tips and advice.

Its not just about making money its about saving it too, not wasting your money on things you dont need, next time you go and buy something, ask yourself "do i really need it?"

You need to reach your "light bulb moment" and from then on you need to be dedicated to pay off this debt.

You dont need to pay off the smallest debts first, you need to pay off the debt in terms of interest rate, the one with the highest interest rate throw all your cash at that because if you dont it will cost you more in the long run!

Finally, i agree that yes you do need to get a job.

what are you doing at the moment?

With regards to setting up your own business i would generally recommend that you do something you enjoy.

Plus get the book, "Rich dad poor dad!" its supposed to be very good i'm going to get a copy for myself.

Best wishes

Edit-PS. just after reading the title of this post again "MONEY FROM NOTHING" you need to realise the value of money, you need to work your guts out for some cold hard cash then if you go out a blow it, its really going to hurt.
I think thats why people get in so much debt, they get credit and then its "easy money", money you didnt work for so its easy to blow on things you dont need.
And i'm not saying this to have a go, i'm just speaking from experience.

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by natasha
Plus get the book, "Rich dad poor dad!" its supposed to be very good i'm going to get a copy for myself.
I totally agree with you too Natasha

I've read Rich Dad Poor Dad, also the 2nd one Cashflow quadrant and this is what opened my eyes to not wanting to be an employee/or working away from the employee mindset.

Also, "Think & Grow Rich" is another classic
Maven
I would like to point out the fact that someone made earlier in saying get of my butt and get a job. The fact is that I am currently full time employed working 42 hours a week, I currently earn £820 a month and all of this practically goes on paying of my debt.

I would like to start from scratch as I have no money as such that I can put into starting up so I will try and start from nothing and work my way up.

Under Promise and Over Deliver
Bringing back customers, with satisfaction and trust in you
Connector
lamont, whats your job?
Connector
I see you are in Northern Ireland - have a look at: www.jobcentreonline.com

Possible 2nd small job to help with your problems....
Guru
Just remember you don't have to start with the business you want to run in the end. If you have no money you are better off concentrating on ways to create funds, such as selling your no longer wanted / needed items. You can then use the income to further your business idea.

Have a look into bootstrapping http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2006/01/...t_of_boot.html
Maven
Lets all help this guy...

I have an idea how I and everyone here can all help lLamont -its just an idea, so drive a bus through it or demolish it any way you like...

It appeared at first from his post as though he's one of those contemptible "get-rich-quick-people-with-no-idea-or-effort" people. He obviously works hard and is not one of those people so I think we should help him with some ideas...

Last week, a friend and I went to London Edgeware road known for its Arab community. My friend wanted to practice his Arabic language skills so we visited a lebanese restaurant.

Neither of us ate in an Arab restaurant before so it took us a while to to understand the menue (which was in English and Arabic). This unfamiliarity was compounded by the fact that the menue had absolutely no pictures of the food or drink...
We wanted to be persuaded to eat a particular dish by looking at a picture of it first...
Anyhow we ordered a lebanese sausage dish , 2 quail dishes, some salads and a fruit cocktail heach. We hoped that it would be enough and wandered what it will be like.

As it turned out - it was quite a good meal and good service all round. But I would hesitate to go there again because of the uncertainty and awkwardness mentioned above.

How does that help Lamont I hear you say? Businesses are always looking to improve their quality of service and products - everyone in this forum can give Lamont a lead of a restaurant they've visited which for instance doesn't have pictures on their menue, product list etc. Lamont can phone up that restaurant , and say

"I received a call from one of your customers who loved the food, BUT you didn't have this..he would visit again if....so you need this...and I can provide it.....£50 please!"

Can someone take over from here please and help this guy...I've got my business to attend to...
Maven
Sweet as Sugar!

"Sir Alan Sugar of Amstrad net worth is 800 million, he started with just £20" - dunno how to quote! so this is the best i can do

my reply is:

Not everyone can take 20£ and build it into an empire tho mate. youve got to remember that. It takes a certain type of personality, the right contacts, good advice, relaiable suppliers, good market conditions and lots of luck. And much much more!

I got 45£ out on friday, instead of turning it into a multimillion pound business, i turned it into a massive hangover on saturday!
Guru
i turned 20 USD into 2400 USD last week in 4hours. Lamont you need to learn poker my friend. (Ill keep quiet about turning 690USD into 300USD in the following 5 days)
I think we all been there and done that!! lol

Blackjack is my devil in disguise!!

Paul

Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by kinster
I think you need to go to http://www.moneysavinexpert.com to sort out your finances
Agreed!!

This site gives so many tips for cutting costs / reducing debt and some serious advice on how to ensure the banks etc don't get more from you than they should.